I have got AIR 1449 in IITJEE . As per previous year's cutoffs , I can get Electronics (Dual Degree surely ) in IIT Roorkee , and have chances of getting Electronics B.Tech in Roorkee and Kharagpur . On the other hand I can get Aerospace and engg. phy. in some of the top 5 IITs . Is IIT roorkee comparable to the top 5 ? Also , I have heard that closing ranks can come down because the seats are increasing this year , is it true , do i stand a chance of getting electrical/electronics in the top 5 iits ??? I want to pursue Space Research in future , though I am not too sure about it.

I have got AIR 1449 in IITJEE . As per previous year's cutoffs , I can get Electronics (Dual Degree surely ) in IIT Roorkee , and have chances of getting Electronics B.Tech in Roorkee and Kharagpur . On the other hand I can get Aerospace and engg. phy. in some of the top 5 IITs . Is IIT roorkee comparable to the top 5 ? Also , I have heard that closing ranks can come down because the seats are increasing this year , is it true , do i stand a chance of getting electrical/electronics in the top 5 iits ??? I want to pursue Space Research in future , though  I am not too sure about it.

Grade:12

3 Answers

rahul
13 Points
7 years ago
I do not think..it is a great idea to pursue space technology..because money is less and also you will loss interest in between...then what you will do....doing electronics and communication is good idea.if you get it...
Generally, cs is prefered by student becoz it will provide good packages..and top jobs also goes to them...but i have seen people doing ece or ee and learning coding in free tym...and getting cs jobs....job market for software job is huge as compare to ee jobs..but from reputed IITs...you can check placements of different iits, also syllabus of different iits...on line..
also one can opt for mathematics and computing...from IIT guhawati....
i will prefer...kgp over other iit..>IITR>IIT bhu ( for ee)
electronics (ece) over ee.. any time..syllabus is updated for ece according to present job scenario....
take a conselling session with counselor...paid one...it will only take 500 bucks..
rahul
13 Points
7 years ago
iiit bhu 5 yrs computer course will be choice

only advantage of taking ee or ece over cse is IES service
rahul
13 Points
7 years ago
in present world secario, brand name matters, if you are from iit bombay or iit Delhi then you will succed in life with civil as well as chemical engg..course does not matter much...see the example rahul yadv of iit bombay..most of the technocrats are from good place....you are luck that you can get a opportunity to study in iit delhi and iit bombay..both the place are awesome..exposure is also excellent...in other iit exposure is not great....you will suffer alot in term of exposure...if one want to be sundar pichai..be in good iit like iit delhi or iit bombay...it is a good place to be...and enjoy your life..you can get good packages in iit delhi and iit bombay..in investment banking and finance....it branch is totally saturated...there is nothing left....i have seen people doing cs and then doing civil service, preparing for ies service this will be totally bullshit...market is moving for engg jobs to management jobs...where course like civil and chemical egg..provide you good opportunity..as course design is very nice..if you are from iit delhi and iit bombay then....you can get admission in harvard and oxford..if you are from other iit..it will be difficult to move...as they only consider application for itt delhi and iit bombay...it is good if person remian in iit delhi or bombay...there is not point in doing ee mathematics and computing as course structure is for these course is in infant stage....lot work is need to be done to improve course...so go for established itt delhi and iit bombay...no matter of your course..as once you are in itt delhi and bombay...you can go to states for offshore placement..there offshore plaecement in other iits..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free