Sir i want to ask that as per iit records last year there were 8200(approx) bt the rank list does not indicate any rank above 7100......so wat about those who got rank above it........?????? And wat is the case this year for the same guys of rank above the same.....wat r the options available to them......???? Can people above such ranks cn get into new iits......????

Sir i want to ask that as per iit records last year there were 8200(approx) bt the rank list does not indicate any rank above 7100......so wat about those who got rank above it........??????

And wat is the case this year for the same guys of rank above the same.....wat r the options available to them......????

Can people above such ranks cn get into new iits......????

Grade:12

2 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sanchit .

The Total seats available in old IITs , new IITs, IT BHU and ISM dhanbad areare 9509.. 

In this around top 7000 rankers will get seats in old iits and remaining will get the seats in new IITs,ISM Dhanbad and IT BHU...

The options avaible for the rank above 7000 are new IITs, it bhu and ism .. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

aadesh srivastava
18 Points
13 years ago

vijay laxmiji what he is asking is this that data maintained at IITd.ac.in does not shows any branch alloted in any of the iit including new ones , bhu it and ismu beyond 7200AIR but fact is this that last seat was given to the air rank of 8293 of general category. please answer to this specific question. i have also seen this anmoly in data at iitdac.in.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free