sir, i got 1954 rank in iit 2010, i want mechanical or electrical in roorke but in roorke last year closing rank were 1909 and 1821 resp. so what should i do. plz tell i am frustated.... thank you

sir,
i got 1954 rank in iit 2010,
i want mechanical or electrical in roorke but in roorke last year closing rank were 1909 and 1821 resp. so what should i do.
plz tell i am frustated....

thank you

Grade:12

1 Answers

Kishore IIT Bombay
48 Points
13 years ago

Dear Karan

dont get frustrated karan see first of all congrats for cracking JEE and very nice rank,You are vey close to the closing rank but that is last years figures it may not repeat this year the closing rank may change so dont worry.are you interest in Dual Degree if so then take your intersting branch..

And if you are really intersted in that branch even though if you dont get ur willing branch then join in that IIT and you have to study very well in the 1st year common syllabus for a branch change.See right now after 12th class you dont have exact idea about which branch so after studying 1st year in IIT then u will have a great idea abt which branch like that so even though if u dont get gud branch u can crack in 1st year and then have a branch change also.So 1st decide are you interest in Dual Degree or not if so join by taking Dual Degree in Mech/Electrical or else dont worry if u study well in 1st year and then have a branch change and get ur interesting your branch.

Regards

Askiitians Expert,

Kishore-IIT Bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free