I got 2270th rank. I was informed that if I am not very particular about the branch, I can get admission in old IITs itself. My main aim is to join IIM-A/B/C and do MBA. Which IIT will be more helpful, in the sense that the right ambience and infrastructure to achieve both Engineering graduation and get an entry to IIM.

I got 2270th rank. I was informed that if I am not very particular about the branch, I can get admission in old IITs itself. My main aim is to join IIM-A/B/C and do MBA. Which IIT will be more helpful, in the sense that the right ambience and infrastructure to achieve both Engineering graduation and get an entry to IIM.

Grade:

3 Answers

Rajan Jha
26 Points
13 years ago
Dear Kamal Nath, In my opinion, admission in a reputed MBA college requires good aptitude level, managerial skills, time management etc. Which has got very little or nothing to do with the hard-core technical skillets which you learn and enhance during your study in BTech. An art student might perform better than an engineer or vice-versa. But to become eligible for MBA entrance exams like CAT,XAT,MAT,GMAT,SNAP etc. one needs to be a graduate. And if the graduation is done from a reputed institutions like IIT’s, it is pre-assumed that an IITian will have undergone a better training process. Now, as there is an old saying “One man’s meat is another man’s poison”, you should go with what interests you the most not what others are going for. Think before you leap. I would suggest you should go through some of the links I’m providing you below to explore things wisely. Top Engineering Colleges: http://www.askiitians.com/top_colleges.aspx Cutoff of colleges link: http://www.askiitians.com/IIT-JEE-2010-Cut-Offs.aspx
Kamal Nath
4 Points
13 years ago

Thanks Mr. Jha for your reply.  Indeed, what I was intending to ask was this.  Is there any IITs where generally after graduation many of the students aim for IIM admission, like from BHU most of the students join the courses to do graduation and most of them study for IAS.  The entire ambience is IAS ambience there.

Rajan Jha
26 Points
13 years ago

Dear Kamal nath,

Students of Old IITs have well planned Carrier Path for them as they have clear vision of their future. But It’s really difficult to say precisely as to which institute’s student have what inclination for which carrier. For this one will need to go for a micro level Research and opinion from every single student which is not possible in general.

What I believe that one needs to be determined for one’s own career. I would advise you do not jump on the band wagon. Believe in your self. Have the guts to move the mob. You will be comfortable every where.

Best of Luck!

Have a great Career ahead!

Regards,

Rajan

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free