1. My JEE rank in SC category is 1553. I calculated that my overall marks is 107. According to resonance rank predictor , my predicted rank was around 430 in SC. I am not able to understand that , can this happen and how? 2. I am very much interested in space and nasa. I thought of opting aerospace in IIT, but due this bad rank it is not possible. I have qualified VIT with 10800 rank (open category). what should I do, a) join IIT with whatever course. b) join VIT c) take drop as I only want to do my higher studies from IIT. Please answer.

1. My JEE rank in SC category is 1553. I calculated that my overall marks is 107. According to resonance rank predictor , my predicted rank was around 430 in SC. I am not able to understand that , can this happen and how?
2. I am very much interested in space and nasa. I thought of opting aerospace in IIT, but due this bad rank it is not possible. I have qualified VIT with 10800 rank (open category). what should I do, a) join IIT with whatever course.
b) join VIT
c) take drop as I only want to do my higher studies from IIT.
Please answer.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Askiitian Expert Arpit-IITD
38 Points
13 years ago

Firstly, do not rely on predicting rank before results. Its only a delusion.

Secondly,I suggest you to drop one year and prepare well for next year JEE as it is very important to get branch of your choice if you are interested in higher studies.

Lastly, i doubt that you still get a good branch in VIT, so its better u prepare for the next year.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.
All the best.

Askiitian Expert

Arpit-IITD

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free