There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I have got a IIT JEE 2009 AIR of 6449 and have a BITSAT score of 306. I have already dropped a year for IIT JEE. I did not qualify last year.

I don’t want to go for any of the NITs. My choice would be out of IIT and BITS Pilani.

I might get some lower rung B.Tech/M.Tech courses in IIT KGP or Roorkee, maybe some M.Sc’s, and also something in the new IITs this year mainly due to the increase in seats. I don’t want to go for IT BHU and ISMU.

In BITS Pilani Campus, I would be getting BE Civil or Chemical, and all the M.Sc’s(They are guaranteed a BE degree in the 2nd year). Would taking the M.Sc’s ,if I don’t get a branch of my choice i.e Mech, be a good Option, considering i can get my choice of branch in the 2nd year relatively easily?
At BITS Pilani(Goa and Hyderabad), I would be getting any branch of my choice. Are the Goa and Hyd campus as good as PILANI?

And say,assuming I did not have the BITS option(Counselling is almost a month away)should I go for any course even M.Sc’s at the old IITs even if I get something at the new IITs.

Please advise.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Kazi,

By this time you might be aware that this rank is not going to fetch you anything good in the old IITs except some or M. Tech and that too at not so good IITs. One thing you should know at this stage that M.Tech have much future prospects than the B.Tech. and also the packages offered to the latter are much more. Going for a 5 year course is a wastage of 1 year. At this stage I would have opted for some core branches at IT-BHU like electrical, mechanical or civil and if not here than at new IITs.

Considering your case you have lot better optin than these as you can opt for Civil, BITS Pilani which comes 5th on the national ranking of engineering college  ( even better than some of the IITs ). Rather than going for chemical i would recommend you to go for Civil as the latter has much more future prospects. Regarding the other two BITS, they are better in no sense. You shouldnot opt for these colleges.

Thank you.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

is it ok to learn only the most important chapters of PCM in JEE MAIN
Hi student, It actually depends on time. If you have less time then you might want to follow this strategy. But if you have got time focus on completing all topics Thanks
Nishant Vora one month ago
@ xavier Yes , if u are now in class 12 th then u can , beacuse u have also to prepare for board exam . but give board exam as your frst priority , as its the one time exam , and u need 75...
Umakant biswal one month ago
hi xavier visit
SAHIL one month ago
Where can i get NCERT Exempler for all the subjects. I am in Class 12 and want the link to download ncert exempler. i have got only physics and maths exempler. Provide me link to other...
@ shreyas u can easily get that on the ncert website , its there in ncert official website , there will be a option called as DOWNLOAD EBOOKS , there u can get all subject exampler , and...
Umakant biswal one month ago
search on google for them and you can easily download pdf formats for all of them for best physics notes visit: thanks
SAHIL one month ago
How to prepare for kvpy ? What is the benefit of getting selected in this exam from sa stream . Will the whole syllabus of class 11 be coming in exam if so please yell me how to prepare tje...
@ anushka selecting in kvpy , have a lot of benifit , as you have direct entry in iiser and iisc like prominent institution , and this exam happens in two tier mode , frst u have to write a ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
dear Friend there is a saying – No pains, no gains that measn that iof you work hard then only you have chances to succeed, very true. It means that you will have to make yourself undergo a ...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
HI ANUSHKA VISIT any more question plese post it thanks
SAHIL 3 months ago
Will I be able to get into IIT if I start learning the 11 th and 12 th portions from the beginning in the last 3 months?
@ mer yes, u can . but its very difficult to get into iit in revision of last 3 month, if u donot have a clear concept , then u cannot . see, in jee advanced you will face the question...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Remember that nothing is impossible. yes you can do preperation in last three months but it will be very difficult.hardwork is the only key to success so keep doing hardwork. But why not to ...
SAHIL 3 months ago
Sir with351 marks can I get a MBBS govt seat in Maharashtra
@ aditi i am sorry to say , 350 is a kind of low marks in NEET , thats i think the cutoff to clear NEET , not to get the medical college , if u have catagory , u can expect a lower govt...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Hrishikesh Bajaj 2 months ago
Hi sir, i am getting both dtu and nit warangal cs but i am lot confused in the above 2 institutes.I have searched lot but till have'nt found any solution. Please i request help me in...
I you want the higher salary job then you can choose any. But if you are aiming for civil services exams, or any other similar option then dtu is better as is will be near by delhi. You can...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Well.... DTU and NIT Warangal can be compared on many factors... First of all if you really want to go for masters... go for NIT Warangal ---> The simple reason is it has the NIT tag. It is ...
Parth Goswami one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts