I have got a IIT JEE 2009 AIR of 6449 and have a BITSAT score of 306. I have already dropped a year for IIT JEE. I did not qualify last year. I don’t want to go for any of the NITs. My choice would be out of IIT and BITS Pilani. I might get some lower rung B.Tech/M.Tech courses in IIT KGP or Roorkee, maybe some M.Sc’s, and also something in the new IITs this year mainly due to the increase in seats. I don’t want to go for IT BHU and ISMU. In BITS Pilani Campus, I would be getting BE Civil or Chemical, and all the M.Sc’s(They are guaranteed a BE degree in the 2nd year). Would taking the M.Sc’s ,if I don’t get a branch of my choice i.e Mech, be a good Option, considering i can get my choice of branch in the 2nd year relatively easily? At BITS Pilani(Goa and Hyderabad), I would be getting any branch of my choice. Are the Goa and Hyd campus as good as PILANI? And say,assuming I did not have the BITS option(Counselling is almost a month away)should I go for any course even M.Sc’s at the old IITs even if I get something at the new IITs. Please advise.

I have got a IIT JEE 2009 AIR of 6449 and have a BITSAT score of 306. I have already dropped a year for IIT JEE. I did not qualify last year.

I don’t want to go for any of the NITs. My choice would be out of IIT and BITS Pilani.

I might get some lower rung B.Tech/M.Tech courses in IIT KGP or Roorkee, maybe some M.Sc’s, and also something in the new IITs this year mainly due to the increase in seats. I don’t want to go for IT BHU and ISMU.

In BITS Pilani Campus, I would be getting BE Civil or Chemical, and all the M.Sc’s(They are guaranteed a BE degree in the 2nd year). Would taking the M.Sc’s ,if I don’t get a branch of my choice i.e Mech, be a good Option, considering i can get my choice of branch in the 2nd year relatively easily?
At BITS Pilani(Goa and Hyderabad), I would be getting any branch of my choice. Are the Goa and Hyd campus as good as PILANI?

And say,assuming I did not have the BITS option(Counselling is almost a month away)should I go for any course even M.Sc’s at the old IITs even if I get something at the new IITs.

Please advise.

Grade:12

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Kazi,

By this time you might be aware that this rank is not going to fetch you anything good in the old IITs except some M.sc. or M. Tech and that too at not so good IITs. One thing you should know at this stage that M.Tech have much future prospects than the B.Tech. and also the packages offered to the latter are much more. Going for a 5 year course is a wastage of 1 year. At this stage I would have opted for some core branches at IT-BHU like electrical, mechanical or civil and if not here than at new IITs.

Considering your case you have lot better optin than these as you can opt for Civil, BITS Pilani which comes 5th on the national ranking of engineering college  ( even better than some of the IITs ). Rather than going for chemical i would recommend you to go for Civil as the latter has much more future prospects. Regarding the other two BITS, they are better in no sense. You shouldnot opt for these colleges.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free