Hi, My rank is 937 and looked at what I could get in IIT Madras. Question to you experts is Engg Physics - What's the scope for that and if I want to study further what course would that be ? Also once I get into IIT, based on my 1st yr performance, can I get into a different group ? What's the criteria for that ? TIA Moe

Hi,

My rank is 937 and looked at what I could get in IIT Madras. Question to you experts is Engg Physics - What's the scope for that and if I want to study further what course would that be ?

Also once I get into IIT, based on my 1st yr performance, can I get into a different group ? What's the criteria for that ?

TIA

Moe

Grade:12

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Moe,

The programs on Engineering Physics differ significantly from one IIT to another. These programs invariably include several Physics courses, but what differentiates them from MSc (Physics) courses are the courses from other disciplines. Some IIT may have substantial amount of Electronics in the curriculum, while another one may have material science, and yet another one may have courses from a diverse set of disciplines. So, please read the JEE brochure, or visit the website for more details before deciding which program matches your interests. It is mostly a research oriented stream.

Regarding your second query, if you are among top three rankers of your department your course will change.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free