i just wanted to know that during counselling, if my choices are: 1st - mech. at IIT Delhi 2nd - mech. at IIT Bombay 3rd - mech. at IIT Kanpur and so on... and somebody who is ranked below me in JEE by not a big margin has his 1st choice as mech. at IIT Kanpur, then will mech. at IIT Kanpur be alloted to him simply b'coz it happens to be his 1st preferance over my 3rd or will they allot rank-wise , which means i will be prefered for the same(considering my first 2 options aren't available.) kindly explain this procedure in detail!! thank you

i just wanted to know that during counselling, if my choices are:
1st - mech. at IIT Delhi
2nd - mech. at IIT Bombay
3rd - mech. at IIT Kanpur and so on...
and somebody who is ranked below me in JEE by not a big margin has his 1st choice as mech. at IIT Kanpur, then will mech. at IIT Kanpur be alloted to him simply b'coz it happens to be his 1st preferance over my 3rd or will they allot rank-wise , which means i will be prefered for the same(considering my first 2 options aren't available.) kindly explain this procedure in detail!! thank you

Grade:

1 Answers

Rohit Sharma
8 Points
13 years ago
No, u will get the IIT kanpur seat because u have better AIR.... Computer processes the choice of each candidate one by one starting from rank 1 to the last. So, first it will allot u a seat ( no matter which preference of urs)and then move to the next candidate and so on ....

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free