sir, with due respect I want to place a request that i have got 68% in 12th board so, will i be eligible to give jee exam in 2011?

sir,

with due respect I want to place a request that i have got 68% in 12th board so, will i be eligible to give jee exam in 2011?

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Hi ,

Right now the criteria for IIT JEE is not changed .. As soon as it change, information will be provided on the askiitians website and also on  http://jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.htm

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.
The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling/ admission. In case such a certificate is not provided then the final decision rests with the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2010.
4. Important Points to note
(i) One can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. That means one should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2009 or will be appearing in 2010.
(ii) Those who have accepted admission after qualifying in JEE in earlier years by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISM, Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to write JEE at all irrespective of whether or not they joined in any of the programmes.
(iii) The year of passing the Qualifying Examination is the year in which the candidate has passed, for the first time, any of the examinations listed above, irrespective of the minimum percentage marks secured.
(iv) The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/ her admission will be cancelled automatically.
(iv) If a candidate is expecting the results of the QE in 2010, his/her admission will only be provisional until he/she submits the relevant documents. The admission stands cancelled if the documents are not submitted in original to the concerned institute before September 30,2010.
(v) If a candidate has passed any of the examinations, listed in Sub-section III.2, before October 1,2008, he/she is not eligible to appear in JEE-2010.
(vi) If a Board invariably declares the results of the QE late (only after September 30, every year), the candidate is advised to attempt JEE in 2011 or later.
(vii) The decision of the Joint Admission Board of JEE-201 0 regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay Luxmi

vineeth agarwal
33 Points
13 years ago

right now anything cannot be said..as till 2010 it was 60%..but they are planning to change it in 2011..u will be unlucky if they make it above 68%!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free