sir, my que is that i ve both morrison and arihant,but while going through morrison i found it very lenghty,,,so is it advisable to study from arihant (r k gupta)only for jee....

sir, my que is that i ve both morrison and arihant,but while going through morrison i found it very lenghty,,,so is it advisable to study from arihant (r k gupta)only for jee....

Grade:

2 Answers

Kishan IIT Kharagpur
46 Points
13 years ago

Hey Ajit

Morrison is a great book to understand concepts from. The authors being foreigners, they have done their best in elaborating every concept to aid students' understanding. Arihant on the other hand, comes from a Indian publisher group, who very well understand the needs of a student preparing for IIT and have personalised the book to suit IIT JEE's purpose. 

I think it is a good decision to use Arihant since most things you will study there are exactly the kind of things that come up in JEE. However, there are a lot of mistakes in the books which you will have to be very careful about. 

The best thing that you could do is to follow arihant mainly and use morrison as a reference book to refer and understand those concepts which are tough to grasp.

I hope this clears your doubts. Please feel free to ask more if you desire more clarification in this regard.

Regards

Askiitians Expert

Kishan S Srinivas

Karthik Eyan
45 Points
13 years ago

Morrison and Boyd is a very good book and it goes into the smallest details in Organic Chemistry, It is a recommended book and Arihant is also good. R.K.Gupta's Organic chemistry is not as high level as Morrsion and Boyd, but I believe Morrison and Boyd can help you if you want further information.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free