Will it be a better strategy to be a dummy student of a college while devoting full time in a coaching centre for IIT entrance after 10 pass. Kindly advise.

Will it be a better strategy to be a dummy student of a college while devoting full time in a coaching centre for IIT entrance after 10 pass. Kindly advise.

Grade:10

3 Answers

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
People generally think it’s better but i would suggest that you join a proper day school and attend it. 
There are several things that you will learn in school which you may not learn in coaching. During my preparation, my physics teacher from school was amazing and i used to learn a lot more in physics in school than in coaching. So yes i would suggest that you join a proper school not just a day school.

I hope this helps. :) please feel free to ask any follow up question :)
perm lata
10 Points
8 years ago
Thanks for prompt reply.
My teachers at IIT coaching centre are advising me that it will take daily at least 8 hrs labour to crack IIT advance and being in school, I may not be able to devote so much time. Kindly advise.
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
You are most welcome.
See let me tell you one thing, it’s not the number of hours you put in, but the quality of hard work that matters. I could sit for 17hours with a book and not study something substantial or i could study for 5hours, and complete twice the amount of work. That’s what matters, joining a dummy school does not, in any way, guarantee that you’ll get into IIT . I’ve seen my batchmates manage school and college, and not just that, they used to have fun, go out for picnics and study at the same time. Because trust me, the number of hours you study doesn’t matter one bit. I mean it does matter in the sense that you have to focus and concentrate and study for at least 3hours, apart from school and coaching. If school is 6 hours, coaching is 4hours, and another 3hours of honest hard work, you stil have 11 hours, (you can sleep for 8hours, and another 3hours for bathing, tv, meals )

It really isn’t that difficult :) just don’t give up. Keep working hard, believe in yourself, and you can manage it with school. Plus boards is important for jee , so it’s important that you join a proper school, attend it, do the practicals properly.

All the best. And whenever you need help, with doubts, advice or a wee bit of motivation, You can always ask me :)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free