sir i am a dropper and scored 95.2 in boards and managed to score just more than the cuttoff in jee main but couldnt crack adv.I am taking a drop this year and my concepts and problem solving abilities are not that good . please guide me how should i prepare to strenghten my concepts and problem solving abilities.PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE STUDY PLAN. ALSO SIR I AM JOINING FIITJEE EAST DELHI CENTRE. ALSO PROVIDE ME THE LIST OF BEST BOOKS FOR A BEGINNER LIKE ME WHO HAS THE CONFIDENCE TO CRACK JEE

sir i am a dropper and scored 95.2 in boards and managed to score just more than the cuttoff in jee main but couldnt crack adv.I am taking a drop this year  and my concepts and problem solving abilities are not that good . please guide me how should i prepare to strenghten my concepts and problem solving abilities.PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE STUDY PLAN. ALSO SIR I AM JOINING FIITJEE EAST DELHI CENTRE. ALSO PROVIDE ME THE LIST OF BEST BOOKS FOR A BEGINNER LIKE ME WHO HAS THE CONFIDENCE TO CRACK JEE

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya
521 Points
8 years ago

JEE Physics:

1. NCERT Physics 11th and 12th class: Physics NCERT textbook have been written marvellously well for Physics. The technical language is the first barrier you will face with these books, but it will only prepare you well for JEE. In JEE the first barrier is the language barrier, i.e you need to first comprehend what the problem states.

2. H.C.Verma: It was written by a Prof. from IIT-Kanpur in the early 90′s. It’s the only book till now which has explained all the concepts precisely with a very exhaustive set of problems. The problems of this book provokes analytical reasoning and helps develop strategy to apply concepts in every possible way. As you move ahead in the exercise the problems keeps on becoming challenging, till you reach the last two problems in the chapter which can only be solved if you have understood the chapter well.

3. Resnick, Halliday & Walker (Optional): This book is referred as additional reading material to further understand the theory of each chapter. Each and every concept is explained to the finest detail with multiple examples for each concept. The examples taken are more close to real life phenomena we observe.
Few other books that you can use to pickup some quality problems – I.E Irodov and Concepts of Physics by G.C. Agarwal

JEE Mathematics:

1. NCERT Maths 11th and 12th: The problems in the book are basic and easy. Most of the problems can be solved orally by the student. This book should be covered very early in one’s preparation.

2. A. Das Gupta Objective: It’s a practice book for each chapter, and a good indicator of your understanding of each chapter. ‘Practice makes perfect’ and this is the motto of this book.

3. S.L. Loney for Trigonometry and Coordinate Geometry: The author has written the book in a very exhaustive manner, in-fact even PhD students use these books. For ideal preparation it’s always preferred to have a mentor to guide the student on which part of the book is solved and which part can be left out.

4. G.N. Berman: This book is specifically used for Calculus, and on every concept in every chapter a number of different problems are available. Don’t use this book beyond Calculus as it contains higher level mathematics, which is not at all needed for JEE.
Few other books that you can use to pickup some quality problems – I.A Maron and A Das Gupta Subjective.

JEE Chemistry:

1. NCERT Chemistry 11th and 12th class: The NCERT chemistry books are quite exhaustive in the content aspect. The intext and exercise problems are on a very basic level and cover each and every part of the chapter thoroughly. Use these books to develop sound fundamentals first, and then move on to more advanced level problems from other books and material.

2. Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur (Objective book): It’s one of the most highly recommended books for physical chemistry for any engineering entrance exam. The set of problems in the book are very exhaustive. The problems available are from state level engineering entrance exams to JEE for each chapter in the book. Problems for state level engineering entrance exams like MHCET, EAMCET, WB JEE, RJPET and other exam conducted by individual institutes like BITSAT, VITEEE, Manipal engineering entrance exam are also covered in this book.

3. Arihant Organic Chemistry Objective (Optional): NCERT theory is sufficient for organic and Inorganic but to undergo extra practice, students can refer to Arihant publication books which are re-published each year based on the current pattern of JEE.
Few other books that you can use to pickup some quality problems – O.P Tandon and Arihant Problem Collection Objective for IIT JEE

PLEASE   ..... if    u   like  my  answer  and  my  answer   is  use  full    for  you  so please   just click on approve  button  ...and  if  you  have  any  other  question   or  dought     keep asking

Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst etc, then to download previous years’ question paper of JEE mains and advanced and practice solving them, try to enhance speed to answer maximum questions in lesser possible time and finally appear in Jee mains – do well – then appear in JEE Advanced – do well again, It would be better if you would mix the subjects that is do Physics for two-three days, then, may be shift to some topic of Chemistry or Math. This would help keeping things not-exhausting.Now, once you have brushed up a topic, solve some random problems from a book specifically on that topic.Now the most important task during all this is to mark the examples or formulae you find difficult to remember and then keep an eye on IITs/NITs counselling rounds and thus institutions are allotted otherwise there may be second option to visit the official websites of some renowned institutions offering technical studies....to name a few – BIT Mesra,................Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,.............JJTU, Rajasthan,.....................DIT uni, Dehradun

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free