My jee mains rank is 6150. Its very sure that i’ll get computers in Punjab Engineering College(PEC). Also my JEE advance rank is 5254. I am getting mining engineering in IIT kharagpur. What should i prefer and why?please help me out.

My jee mains rank is 6150. Its very sure that i’ll get computers in Punjab Engineering College(PEC). Also my JEE advance rank is 5254. I am getting mining engineering in IIT kharagpur. What should i prefer and why?please help me out.

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
IIT Kgp. Older IITs are far better then any other institutes in India. Thanks.
Akshit Matthew
80 Points
8 years ago
IIT Kharagpur is a good option but if you are getting a better branch at any other zonal IIT then you should take that if not then you should study in your homestate at PEC, Kalpana chawla is one of its alumni after all and mining engineering is best only in ISM and not in any other IIT.
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
Both are good at their places, it is a bit difficult to compare and contrast such titanic institutions, its purely up to you whether you wish to join PEC or KGP, on the other hand you may opt for an extensive comparison of some other reputed institutions too where the students are committed quality education along with placements in top rated MNCs, you may consider these – Charotar Uni of Sci and TEch, Petlad,.............PES Uni, Bangalore,..............Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,............JJTU, Rajasthan

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free