I have appeared for the b.arch examination of JEE MAINS. I have scored 190, my CRL is 36814 and SC RANK is 2341. Which rank is considered during admission? I searched the CSAB site for opening and closing ranks of last year. There are many NITs whose opening rank for SC starts with 3k n ends with 8k but is this SC rank n my SC RANK similar? According to these opening and closing rank shall I get into a NIT? And is this dependent on my board % if so what is d minimum % required?

I have appeared for the b.arch examination of JEE MAINS. I have scored 190, my CRL is 36814 and SC RANK is 2341. Which rank is considered during admission? I searched the CSAB site for opening and closing ranks of last year. There are many NITs whose opening rank for SC starts with 3k n ends with 8k but is this SC rank n my SC RANK similar? According to these opening and closing rank shall I get into a NIT? And is this dependent on my board % if so what is d minimum % required?

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
There is no such kind of considerations in seat allotment.WHatever you have mentioned 3k to 8k is the AIR but not the category ones. The ranks mentioned in CSAB are AIR for all candidate irrespective of category and the ranking goes high from open to ST PWD.
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Let me make it clear to you that at the time of allocation of seats just AIR is considered and category rank is meant for relaxation,......You better visit the official website of Jeemains or JOSAA to find out what is your status overthere and also keep track of counselling round outcome, may be you find a very good institution there,......and if you could not make it there, then you may try at other leading institutes which have made a very respectable image in the field of education and hence are well known for the placements as well......I may opine to go for – Vignan Uni, Guntur,..........MBM College of ENgg, Jodhpur,.............TKM College of Engg, Kollam,........Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free