I am giving reattempt in year 2017 for jee I got 78.32%>75%(according to new rule) in hsc(Maharashtra) board so I am eligible for jee advanced but what if again top20percentile rule is passed & I am not eligible in that case also for reattempt do I have to give 12 again & is it necessary to join undergraduate course (std.13) for giving reattempt please answer could not get authentic answer on Google

I am giving reattempt in year 2017 for jee I got 78.32%>75%(according to new rule) in hsc(Maharashtra) board so I am eligible for jee advanced but what if again top20percentile rule is passed & I am not eligible in that case also for reattempt do I have to give 12 again & is it necessary to join undergraduate course (std.13) for giving reattempt please answer could not get authentic answer on Google

Grade:12

2 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Neha, Did’t you get a renowned institution in your first attempt? If not, then ok its perfectly fine to go for another attempt, but don’t get panic if you could not make at a top rated institution, there are several reputed institutions which are offering quality education as well as placements in esteemed organizations. Thus, you may consider taking admission in one of these institutions – Apex Group of Institutions, Sitapura, Jaipur,..............J B Institute of Technology, Dehradun,.................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ neha
the rule that u are talking about is 75 percentile , not 75 percent , percent and percentile will be completely diffrent thing ,percentile will be basic upon ur pcm and 1 other opt subject , it will not count the 5th subject, but the percentage will calculate the 5th opt as well , so, kindly check the 75 percentile rule for mh board from the jee main site ,
and in that top 20 percentile , it will not be passed , all the student who will qualify jee main are elligible for attempting adavnced ,
still if u have good marks in PCM , u can go for advanced , otherwise through mains try for top rated nit, they are nearly same as low rank nit . ​
But donot give 12th again , and its also not nessasary to join a college for giving jee , u can take a drop for a year and appear jee next year with full confidence and preparation .
ALL THE BEST

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free