I AM FROM 12TH STD SCIENCE HSC BOARD [MAHARASHTRA STATE BOARD],AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT IN HSC SCIENCE BOARD,ARE ENGLISH,HINDI,MARATHI,EVS SUBJECTS ARE CALCULATED IN OVERALL PERCENTAGE OR NOT.IF I GET 90+ IN PCMB AND LESS MARKS IN LANGUAGES,DO MY PERCENTAGE WILL DECREASE.I WANT TO SAY, ARE LANGUAGE SUBJECTS COUNTED IN OVERALL PERCENTAGE OR NOT IN HSC SCIENCE ,IF I WANT TO BECOME A QUANTUM PHYSICIST.[Ph.D].Are language subjects important FOR HSC SCIENCE STUDENTS?

I AM FROM 12TH STD SCIENCE HSC BOARD [MAHARASHTRA STATE BOARD],AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT IN HSC SCIENCE BOARD,ARE ENGLISH,HINDI,MARATHI,EVS SUBJECTS ARE CALCULATED IN OVERALL PERCENTAGE OR NOT.IF I GET 90+ IN PCMB AND LESS MARKS IN LANGUAGES,DO MY PERCENTAGE WILL DECREASE.I WANT TO SAY, ARE LANGUAGE SUBJECTS  COUNTED IN OVERALL PERCENTAGE OR NOT IN HSC SCIENCE ,IF I WANT TO BECOME A QUANTUM PHYSICIST.[Ph.D].Are language subjects important FOR HSC SCIENCE STUDENTS?

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ xavier 
Yes, language subjects do calculate in your overall percentage , and if u will score less in these language subject , then obviously they will reduce your overall percentage . 
there are 1 option of 6th optional in HSC board , the subject which u puts there will not be calculated in your overall percentage , you can put any one language subject their . consult your school professor regarding that , if that provsion avaliable in your school , then you can . 
And if u want to become a quantum physicist , then it depend upon the institutes from where u want to persue physics , diffrent institute have diffrent criteria of cutoff , but most of the top institutes only accept the PCM  marks to get admission in that college . 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST ..
Krishna Bondriya
208 Points
7 years ago
yes my  friend    language  subjects  matters    
i  also have  a  frend    from  maharastra  HSE bord    he  got  good in  pcm  but  his  score was  not  satisfactory  in   languages 
result   his  persentile  goes  down   which  create  hurdels  in  getting      his    faveroute  college
so   i think  now  u can  undrestand  how  much  imp  it  is
if  u  want  to  do  research    u need  good  university
  for  good  university  u  need  good  persentage
and  for  good  persentage   languages  are   much  imp....................

THANKS

AND

PLEASE   ..... if    u   like  my  answer  and  my  answer   is  use  full    for  you  so please   just click on approve  button  ...and  if  you  have  any  other  question   or  dought     keep asking

KRISHNA BONDRIYA @@
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Yes dear, language plays a very significant role in our day to day life just like a lifeline as we have to interact with each other using a commonly understood language, and same is the case with academics. Along with strengthening your PCM, you must pay a due attention to languages too. After that I may suggest to seek admission in your desired study program at any of these – B S Abdur Rahman University, Chennai,..................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,..................Dr. K N Modi University, Tonk.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free