How to find exact value of angles using log tables?? for eg:- sin -1 , sin, tan, cos -1 .......etc. Please help me at the earliest.

How to find exact value of angles using log tables?? for eg:- sin-1, sin, tan, cos-1.......etc. Please help me at the earliest.

Grade:12

1 Answers

ADITI SINGH
95 Points
7 years ago

Using the table we can find the values of sines and cosines of angles ranging from 0° to 90° at intervals of 1'.

We can observe that the table of natural sines and natural cosines are generally divided into the following parts. They are the following:

(i) In the extreme left vertical column of the table the angles are from 0° to 90° at intervals of 1°.

(b) In another vertical column about the middle of the table the angles are from 89° to 0° at intervals of 1°.

(ii) In the horizontal row at the top of the table the angles are from 0' to 60' at intervals of 10'.

(iii) In the horizontal row at the bottom of the table the angles are from 60' to 0' at intervals of 10'.

(iv) In the horizontal row at the extreme right of the table the angles are from 1' to 9' at intervals of 1'. This part of the table is known as Mean Difference Column.

Note:

(i) From the table we get the sine or cosine value of any given angle correct to five decimal places.

(ii) We know that the sine of any given angle is equal to that of cosine of its complementary  angle [i.e., sin  θ = cos (90 -  θ)]. So, the table is drawn in such a way that we can use the table to find the sin and cosine value of any given angle between 0° and 90°.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free