Hi, Currently my Son Aryan is in class 9 and he would like to start his preparations for the competitive exams after class 12. Please advice on how he could go about a structured learning process from now. Regards, Preeth

Hi,

Currently my Son Aryan is in class 9 and he would like to start his preparations for the competitive exams after class 12. Please advice on how he could go about a structured learning process from now.

Regards,
Preeth

Grade:10

13 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
He should concentrate on PCMB subjects more as compared to other subjects. Also focus on his problem solving skill. Tell him to understand the problem deeply and then try to find other the ways to solve it. You can also assign any good expert for him who will teach him. Thanks.
Preeth Cavery
12 Points
8 years ago
Hi,
Thanks for the immediate response,Could you suggest some self study material he could start with and then eventually I could have him assigned to a expert.
Thanks,
Preeth
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
As such for class 9. study material is not required. The material provided to him from the school and the coaching institute (if any) will be sufficient.
Preeth Cavery
12 Points
8 years ago
But he is willing to practise and solve problems or read some advance materials, so will be great if you have any material for reading or practising.
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
Please give your contact details and our concerned team would get back to you
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Dear Sir Suggest him to be determined about his bright future and single mindedly follow these tips –Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst etc, then to download previous years’ question paper of JEE mains and advanced and practice solving them, try to enhance speed to answer maximum questions in lesser possible time and finally appear in Jee mains – do well – then appear in JEE Advanced – do well again, It would be better if you would mix the subjects that is do Physics for two-three days, then, may be shift to some topic of Chemistry or Math. This would help keeping things not-exhausting.Now, once you have brushed up a topic, solve some random problems from a book specifically on that topic.Now the most important task during all this is to mark the examples or formulae you find difficult to remember and then keep an eye on IITs/NITs counselling rounds and thus institutions are allotted otherwise there may be second option to visit the official websites of some renowned institutions offering technical studies....to name a few – BITS Pilani,...................Rajasthan Tech. Uni, Kota,....................TKM College of Engg, Kollam,..................LOvely Professional Uni, Phagwara
Preeth Cavery
12 Points
8 years ago
Thanks very much for the detailed response, really appreciate it. I would maybe plan formal coaching from his class 11 onwards, for now could you suggest if he can in his own pace go about self reading and problem solving and connect to an institute for doubts / clarifications.He is keen to start the process, so I would like to guide and support, pls advice. Thanks.Preeth.
Prajwal Kavad
603 Points
8 years ago
yes he can do self study, tell him to try hc verma slowly
and ask him to solve NCERT EXEMPLAR problems to be advanced 
 all the best

plz approve
Preeth Cavery
12 Points
8 years ago
Thanks very much, in future pls let me know of any material that you might be able to supply.
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
Yes we do provide the material.Please give your contact details and our concerned team would get back to you
Preeth Cavery
12 Points
8 years ago
You can reach me on my mobile
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
You may advise him to be singlemindedly focused towards his future goal and to

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed educational institution for getting training and finally appear in the tests Jeemains and Jeeadvanced,....join counselling rounds by Josaa and get to know about your allottment, else try at other reputed institutions, like –  BIT Pilani,...............PES Uni, Bangalore..................Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,..............JJTU, Rajasthan........    and pursue your graduation from there followed by placement in top rated MNCs,....Good Luck

Adarsh
733 Points
7 years ago
First focus your future. If your son is wishing to choose a career in Medical/Engineering he must have to love the science subjects and make fun in learning them.Strictly study the ncert texts without leaving any points and understand all the concepts in it. Also he have to manage time for doing MCQs , so start practising problems especially physics and mathematics. Last but not least he have to do hard work for achieving his ambition.

I hope your son a bright future

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free