hai sir, i am from SC category. i got 685 rank in jee advance 2016. i have the following options available: iit bombay-metallurgy iit mandi -cse iit hyderabad-mechanical

hai sir, i am from SC category. i got 685 rank in jee advance 2016.  i have the following options available:
  1. iit bombay-metallurgy
  2. iit mandi -cse
  3. iit hyderabad-mechanical

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
7 years ago
Dear student, first of all very congrats for the score you made.
I would like to clear first thing..the placement in IIT Mandi computer science is 100% with average CTC of 12.3 LPA.
But i IIT B, it is considered to be 70% in Metallurgy deptt (priority is given to M.Tech student who has specialization in MEMS technology or Process).
Second, growth....The student who did engg in computer science would earn more in future, because after the experience of two or three year, every employer would seek your ability and tech skills.....so go for computer science.
BUT....
If you are excited and possesive towards programming and to uddate tech skills..so you can choose IIT Bombay...Metallurgy..

No doubt IIT Bombay is far better than IIT Mandi.....a global commercial hub in Mumbai boost the campus for placement and tech-glamourous activities...

So i would like to reccomend IIT Bombay over IIT Mandi....
and why...
Mr Sundar Pichai who himself from KGP Campus in Metallurgy Engg, now a big tycoon in IT Organization.......

Good Luck...
and Let me know your priorities....
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Friend,On top of all these, what matters the most is you point of interest. Remember "College stays with you for four years, but your branch stays with you forever!".My personal suggestion to you would be: unless you have specific interest of studying Metallurgy, or you feel that you've got good chance of sliding to a better branch (again talking in terms of your interest) You may consider these renowned institutions for admission – DPG Institute of Technology and Management, Gurgaon,.......................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,............................BHU, Varanasi,..........................JJTU, Jhunjhunu

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free