I am a student of narayana hyderabad and i am determined to get into iit i will be writing d xam in 2011 nd my strength is maths and find organic chemistry difficult i solve maths problems according to the options and in a short manner i want to know if this could work in jee as well i have been succesfull with this in my college tests greatly and also that i get around 110-120 marks in my xams /240 will it get me into iit if so wat will be my allover india rank? PLEASE HELP

I am a student of narayana hyderabad and i am determined to get into iit  i will be writing d xam in 2011 nd my strength is maths and find organic chemistry difficult i solve maths problems according to the options and in a short manner i want to know if this could work in jee as well i have been succesfull with this in my college tests greatly and also that i get around 110-120 marks in my xams /240 will it get me into iit if so wat will be my allover india rank? PLEASE HELP

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear mir noaman

most of the organic chemistry questions comes in form of chemical reactions,

products formed and reaction mechanisms ( some standard mechanisms are included in JEE sylaabus )

For you to understand mechanisms, u have understand and learn some of rules by which reaction undergoes.

As u r following NARAYANA, they explain it very well thr....

If u not satisfied with that, go for books like o.p.tandon, morrison & boyd

P.S: in IIT most of the questions given have anomaly ( deviation from wat the product u expect ), so be careful while attempting.

As u are prepearing for IIT JEE then you should study every concept depply .solving in short manner will not help u everywhere.

in few question it will help only.

if you score 120/240 then your rank will be  2500.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free