Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

1) the two sequences of numbers {1,4,16,64,.............} and

{3,12,48,192,....................} are mixed as {1,3,4,12,16,48,64,192,.......}.If one number in the mixed series is 1048576 then its just preceeding number is.

(A)262144  (B)786432  (C)3245728  (D) NOT POSSIBLE TO FIND IT

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

It can be seen that the first sequence is 4^n-1 where n=1,2,3,....

Second sequence is 3*4^n-1 where n=1,2,3,.....
1048576=4^10. So this is the 11th term of the first series.
The preceeding term will be the 10th term of the second series.

So substitute n=10 in the second series, we get 3*4^9 which will evidently be option B.
7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with Askiitians Tutors

Sir i am in class 11 and joined Fiitjee for iit bit i am facing a problem here i am in the last batch so i know that teachers will go a liitle bit faster. I am not able to grasp the concepts...
@ anushka For that reason , i told you fiitjee level is a bit high , and also their test series questions are higher than the level of jee advanced , if u have confidence only , then u can...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
hi anushka first of all cool down! I think you can leave fitjee as i have seen in your previous posts also as you are not satissfied with it. so if you have not paid the complete fees and...
SAHIL 3 months ago
I am currently using the books objective mathematics by rdsharma and problem plus maths by a das gupta . how do i use these books .is arihant skill I`m maths required ?
@ shuhaibks NO , no use of arihant , frst of all , if u are through with ncert , u can start with besic mathematics chapter from r d sharma , and then solve sequentially . frst 11 th , then ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Go First for NCERT. Then NCERT Exempler. Then Problem Plus in IIT. Thats the currect sequence. Hope it helps. Thanx.
Shreyas Patil one month ago
I can browse your site on mobile but can`t post answer and i don`t know why.. Please launch an app for this website it`ll be so much of help to us..
@ Anmol what are the problems that u are facing ?? kindly tell me the problem . and ensure that u are opening this site with a browser like chrome , opera , firefox etc . and if any such...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
sie i’m browsing with Chrome on my android. I’m able to post questions but unable to post answers.. And when i’m posting questions it says that the question cannot be less than 50Chars, coz ...
ANMOL SETH 3 months ago
@anmol there is a rule in posting answers on askiitians that answer must be not less than 100 characters. this is because if answer is less than 100 characters students does not get good...
SAHIL 2 months ago
Sir can you please tell my that how much marks I needed in JEE mains to get a seat in civil engineering in NIT Suratkal by ST quota
You need to have around 1500 ST rank for beingeligibile. Marks is not fix as cut off varies every year. Stil you can take roughly around 130 or so to get the desired rank..
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Please give me detailed Introduction of Hyper threading Technology.
Processor resources, however, are often underutilized and the growing gap between core processor frequency and memory speed causes memory latency to become an increasing performance...
Amit Saxena 7 years ago
hi wic one shud be given preference cs at manipal university jaipur or cs at pantnagar??? reply soon...
Dear Student, this is purely a matter of your personal choice as per your area of interest. Both the institutions are equally good in almost all the respects. Have you been allotted or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
both the colleges are good but cs at manipal university is a better choice. it is in one of the top renowned institutes of india. companies like yahoo are also recruitingfrom it cs at...
SAHIL 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with Askiitians Tutors

Ask Experts