sir,i graduated my b.e in electronics from sardar patel university. i want to get admission into a nit of iit. last year i came to know about an admission procedure in which the reserved candidates get an admission into nit without gate and by just giving the college's local entrance exam. is it true to get admission into m.tech without giving gate and just by giving the local entrance exam ?? pls let me know the relevant details

sir,i graduated my b.e in electronics from sardar patel university. i want to get admission into a nit of iit. last year i came to know about an admission procedure in which the reserved candidates get an admission into nit without gate and by just giving the college's local entrance exam. is it true to get admission into m.tech without giving gate and just by giving the local entrance exam ?? pls let me know the relevant details

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskIITians Expert Sunil,DCE
8 Points
14 years ago

To be eligible for M.Tech in NIT’s, IIT’s and other premier engineering colleges in India, Gate is a compulsory. But in certain cases if the student from IIT’S and NIT’s want to do M.TECH from that college only then they get exemption from GATE provided a good academic record throughout the course. So In your case , GATE is the only option. Wish you all the best for GATE.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best .

Regards,
Askiitians Experts

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free