Is it 9th std or 11 th std? I get different views from people like if one wants to get into IIT, they have to start from 9th. otherwise anyways there is no chance etc. Can you pls guide. My son is in 8th std right now.

Is it 9th std or 11 th std? I get different views from people like  if one wants to get into IIT, they have to start from 9th. otherwise anyways there is no chance etc. 

Can you pls guide. My son is in 8th std right now.

Grade:

2 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Hi,

Two years of serious prep is enough for any student who wants to enter into IITs...dont give undue pressure on your child...Make him join some coaching once he enters in 11th....

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

sagarsingh24.iitd@gmail.com

Souradeep Majumder
80 Points
13 years ago

WHO TELL THIS THOSE WHO HAVE NOT PREPARED FOR IIT IN 9 TH STANDARD WILL NOT GET ADDMISSION???????????  IF ANYONE THOUROUGLY STUDIED FOR ONE YEARS THEY ALSO GET SELECTED WITHIN THE RANK BELOW 800 IN IIT.............  BUT  IF SOMEONE WANTS TO STARTS IT FROM 9TH IT IS GOOD....... THEY GET EXTRA TIME..........

APPROVE MY ANSWER.................................

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free