sir i m getting eee in bit mesra and msc chemistry in iit kgp.............what shud i prefer????????????/

sir

i m getting eee in bit mesra and msc chemistry in iit kgp.............what shud i prefer????????????/

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

mohit yadav
24 Points
14 years ago

MUST GO 4 IIT KGP ,ONE OF D TOP IIT'S

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

You should definitely go for IIT Kgp, it is one of the top IITs with an excellent faculty and infrastructure.

The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (commonly known as IIT Kharagpur or IIT KGP) is an autonomous engineering and technology-oriented institute of higher education established by the Government of India in 1951. The first of the thirteen IITs to be established, it is officially recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India and is regarded as one of the best engineering institutions in India. IIT Kharagpur has ranked among the top engineering college in the academic ranking of Indian colleges by various engineering education surveys like India Today, Outlook, etc.

IIT Kharagpur was established to train scientists and engineers after India attained independence in 1947. It shares its organisational structure and undergraduate admission process with sister IITs. The students and alumni of IIT Kharagpur are informally referred to as KGPians. Among all IITs, IIT Kharagpur has the largest campus (2,100 acres), the most departments, and the highest student enrollment. IIT Kharagpur is particularly famous for its festivals: Illumination and Rangoli, Kshitij and Spring Fest.

Scope for higher education and job opportunities for M.Sc.(Chemistry):

Chemistry is an important field of Science, which has been expanding its glory into all other branches of science at molecular level. Investigations are on for discovery of new molecules wherein a lot of chemistry personnel support is essential in R & D. Discovery of new molecules for specific action on human diseases such as cancer, AIDS etc has led to expansion of drug industry. Outsourcing of contract research for the bulk production of certain molecules gained momentum in India which requires well trained chemistry post graduates particularly emphasizing on experimental skills. The human genome project is the focal point of interest where, microbial, plant and animal genomes has an important impact on opening up new vistas for research. Exploring animal genome opens up unlimited scope to pursue research. Biocatalyst in stereoselective synthesis of molecules of medicinal importance is another thrust area of research. Agrochemical and pesticide, bulk drug, pharmaceutical industry also requires support from a lot of well qualified chemists. Teaching at Intermediate, graduate and post-graduate level also requires a large number of well qualified chemists at M.Sc. and Ph.D. level.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free