There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

This is the question of jee 2010 , paper 2 maths...

Q)Let S = {1, 2, 3, 4}. The total number of unordered pairs of disjoint subsets of S is equal to
(A) 25 (B) 34
(C) 42 (D) 41
Sol. (D)

the solution I got at a site was

Total number of unordered pairs of disjoint subsets
(3^4 + 1)/2 = 41

Please tell how did they reach at this solution?..

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear shubhi,

There is a generalised formula: 3^n+1/2 so you can use this formula....

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with Askiitians Tutors

I completed my 12 th in 2014. I took admission in CS+MBA(5yr) in Thapar University in 2015 after taking a drop.This dual degree was started in 2015 itself. I gave JEE Mains again in 2016....
@ akshay u should continue in cs + mba dual degree in thapar university , see , if there will be a option between iiit vadodara , and thapar university , then for sure its thapar , as...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
No, no akshay sharma you will not have to face any difficulty at your placement time . SO YOU SHOULD KEEP PURSUING WHATEVER COURSE{ I MEAN CS+ MBA} YOU ARE PURSING AT THIS TIME AND TRY TO...
SAHIL 3 months ago
I have an option of getting CS(4yr) in Thapar University this time. Should I not consider this as CS+MBA was started in 2015 and mine is first batch of this course. I want to ask that won’t ...
AKSHAY SHARMA 3 months ago
in josaa 2016, i did not get seat in first round of councelling so when should i pay the fee(46000) it only after we get a seat because i did not pay so am i out of the counclling...
@ sresthapa No , you are still in councelling procedure if payment has not been done , payment will only be made if the seat will be alloted at that time , and their will be a duration in...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Can u tell me the best book of maths and physics for IIT jee exam
@adarsh for maths – iit maths by m l khanna and problems puls in maths by a das gupta . alongwith that do the practice paper of last 37 years paper of mtg publication for physics 1- concept ...
Umakant biswal 17 days ago
For maths go for ml khanna and for physics go for sl arora. They both are master class. Hope it helps. Thanks.
Shreyas Patil 15 days ago
How can we find the equation of a line perpendicular to a given line and their point of intersection is given in 3D geometry?
Hii You can find out the DR in the format of the line which is perpendicular to the given line and that extra point from where the line is passing . make sure then you take its dot product...
Sourabh Singh 13 days ago
i have subscribed for self study pakage of aipmt aiims but there is lot of mistakes in mcq and it is not worth for 20000 so iwant my money back how to get my monet back?
@ gagan mail the askiitian team with the mail id – they will do the needfull for you .. i donot think , u will get the refund .. i also subscribed to class 12...
Umakant biswal 6 months ago
sir i am expecting around 140 marks in jee mains 2016 and 93% in 12 th CBSE board and i am an SC candidate so what rank can i get??
your rank is between 9000-12000 thanxand approve sorry answer posted incomplete above best of luck for future
SAHIL 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with Askiitians Tutors

Ask Experts