which books should i buy for chem. please give details of the required theory and practice books in an optimized list. also which is better phy chem for iit by p bahadur sri balaji, or numerical chem by p bahadur, GRB books

which books should i buy for chem. please give details of the required theory and practice books in an optimized list. also which is better

phy chem for iit by p bahadur sri balaji, or

numerical chem by p bahadur, GRB books

Grade:11

5 Answers

hsn kmr
32 Points
13 years ago

For chemistry , first of all start with NCERT text books which are damn important .

Next for problem solving and getting used to variety of questions asked in JEE use the following books :

Physical - RC Mukherjee or P . Bahadur ( i would prefer RC mukherjee )

Organic - GRB book - Organic chemistry for competitions by Dr . OP tandon or Organic chemistry by Arihant publications ( But both of these books need a lot of time but they are the best in the field of organic )

Inorganic - ONLY NCERT nothing else ..

thank you 

Wish you a thumping victory in your IIT JEE !!

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear zahid,

YOU should go for pysical chem for IIT by P bahadur...its a nice book...

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

Kartik Mahajan
33 Points
13 years ago

Smile Physical chemistry by P.Bahadur,GRB publication is the best

PRATEEK VARSHNEY
16 Points
13 years ago

numerical chemistry of p. bhadur, GRB book

Ritik Sinha
11 Points
6 years ago
FORGET EVERYTHING..FOCUS ON NCERT FIRST..A LOT OF QUESTION COMES IN MAINS FROM NCERT..MIND THAT!!NOW, WHAT YOU WANTED...FOR PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY can look for p bahadur or n avasthi from balaji publications..i would suggest n avasthi..FOR ORGANIC GO FOR MS CHAUHAN`S organic chemistry or cengage SERIES.ms chauhan is better than himanshu pandey..Lastly..for inorganic u can choose op tandon it`s really good...if u cant afford grb go for balaji or any other acc to ur choice..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free