sir i am in electronics communication branch in nit bhopal and i have got a rank of 5514 in jee 2009 and i m expectingnew iits through second counselling of jee2009 . what shoulde i do sir. should i opt for new iits or remain in nit bhopal. sir please do reply soon

sir i am in electronics communication branch in nit bhopal and i have got a rank of 5514 in jee 2009 and i m expectingnew iits through second counselling of jee2009 . what shoulde i do sir. should i opt for new iits or remain in nit bhopal. sir please do reply soon

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Askiitians Expert
8 Points
14 years ago

Dear Harshit,

You cant count the new IITs in comparision with the NITs as the latter are established much before and has a well planned system, administration,  management and experience in comparision to the new IITs. Opting for the new IITs might be a bit risky at this stage as now no one has the least idea about the faculties there and also placement in those college will take a bit of time till their first batch graduates. As they are mentored by the old IITs they also face problem with the facilities provided to them as they donot attend classes or labs with the students of the older IITs and and they have only limited hours for labs. They cant access to the full facilities one should get for his excellence.

Since as an IIT brand, it will maintain its standard in the coming years but its not sure how much time will it take for that. There are a quite number of NITs so one should opt for the top 10 NITs as we go lower standard of the college decreases. Though its not a good option but rather than going for NITs like Srinagar, Agartala, Patna, Silchar its better to opt for new IITs.

Thank you.

cool pal
23 Points
14 years ago

Hello harshit,

well you have a good branch in nit bhopal so in my views no need to change it. and also the new iits are not completely established now even they don't have their campus . they are running in the campus of other iits . thus be a part of new iits you can miss some advantages of old iits. and if in next years the campus changed so there is some problems related to packages. so be a part of nit and have a secure carrer.

THANKS..........................

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free