I HAVE POSTED MY QUESTION ABOUT BASICITY ORDER ONE DAY BEFORE BUT U DID NOT REPLY TILL NOW WHAT ARE U DOING I REPEAT MY QUESTION AGAIN BASICITY ORDER AMONG CH3CH2NH2 PhCONH2 AND CH3CONH2 WITH REASON

I HAVE POSTED MY QUESTION ABOUT BASICITY ORDER ONE DAY BEFORE BUT U DID NOT REPLY TILL NOW WHAT ARE U DOING 

I REPEAT MY QUESTION AGAIN

BASICITY ORDER AMONG  CH3CH2NH2  PhCONH2 AND CH3CONH2 WITH REASON 

Grade:12

1 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear naval

The acid/base process you're looking at in this question is the dissociation of a proton from the NH2 to form NH- (acid) or the acceptance of a proton by the NH2 to form NH3+ (base). So anything that stabilizes a negative charge on the nitrogen increases acidity, but also destabilizes the positive charge so it decreases basicity. Negative charge is stabilized by the carbonyl in acetamide more than in ethyl amine. The carbonyl, with its double bond and the electronegative oxygen, help to delocalize and stabilize the negative charge.

Resonance: Resonance is a stabilizing feature. If resonance is lost upon sharing the
nitrogen lone pair, then this resonance decreases the nucleophilicity and basicity of
the amine. The point is illustrated with aniline (PhNH2).

so phnh2>ch3ch2nh2>ch3conh2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitia

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free