Sir,last year textile closed at 3151this year OBC will take through their obc rank so there may be a 400 seat gap.so even in 3386 should i expect to get a branch which closed last year at 2900 something.Also tell about other feasable branches.I have selected few branches,shall I take Guwhati Civil because it has great scope,I worry abt placements but looking at Civil scope I am ready for IITG also.Kharagpur mining is also an option plz ponder on that too.Roorkee polymer,Madras Biotech,Roorkee Biotech is also an option plz tell me about that too,I know ur first view will be that its a bad rank but I aim to get inside IIT systems first,so please think about that sir,I cant take drop because of family probs.,sir plz tell the options....

Sir,last year textile closed at 3151this year OBC will take through their obc rank so there may be a 400 seat gap.so even in 3386 should i expect to get a branch which closed last year at 2900 something.Also tell about other feasable branches.I have selected few branches,shall I take Guwhati Civil because it has great scope,I worry abt placements but looking at Civil scope I am ready for IITG also.Kharagpur mining is also an option plz ponder on that too.Roorkee polymer,Madras Biotech,Roorkee Biotech is also an option plz tell me about that too,I know ur first view will be that its a bad rank but I aim to get inside IIT systems first,so please think about that sir,I cant take drop because of family probs.,sir plz tell the options....

Grade:12

2 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Rahul,

You will be definately getting textile at this rank as under OBC rank and one thing more than 400 seat gap is expected for lower branches.

If you go on ranking of colleges undoubtedly Kharagpur is the best and the branch civil is the best but opting for the latter is not a good option as the college is not good and doesnt provide a better placement.

Considering all the option above i think Kharagpur mining would be the best option for you.

Thank you.

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Rahul,

You will be definately getting textile at this rank as under OBC rank and one thing more than 400 seat gap is expected for lower branches.

If you go on ranking of colleges undoubtedly Kharagpur is the best and the branch civil is the best but opting for the latter is not a good option as the college is not good and doesnt provide a better placement.

Considering all the option above i think Kharagpur mining would be the best option for you.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free