There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

The number of integral values of a for which the equation cos2x+asinx=2a-7 possesses a solution is----------------

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear sri

1-2sin2x + asinx =2a-7

2sin2x -asinx +2a-8 =0

discrimnant =a2 -8(2a-8)

=a2 -16a +64

so sinx  = [a±|a-8|]/4

=(a-4)/2 , 2

so  only  (a-4)/2 is possible 

-1≤(a-4)/2 ≤1

-2 ≤a-4 ≤2

2 ≤a ≤ 6

so  solution is  a =2,3,4,5,6

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with Askiitians Tutors

There is only one month left for the kvpy exam and i m not prepared at all plz help about how to in one month so that i can score good and i dont have biology so how to study for that for SA...
@ vaibhavi cutoff trends vary every year , so, we cannot say a predefined cutoff for kvpy , still its 60 percent of the total marks if u are a general candidate . and NO , its not at all...
Umakant biswal one month ago
@ vaibhavi for kvpy frst of all previous year papers are atmost very very imp . so, if u have 1 month left frst do that , at least last 4 years of paper . after that in the case of biology...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is cutoff for this paper and is it so hard to crack this exam and what is use of passing out this exam
Vaibhavi one month ago
the undergraduate courses after selecting in kvpy can be done with any university of only government university. Can anyone do B.Tech after selecting in kvpy?
@ vaisali yes , for sure u can . but if u have qualified after 12 th then u canot otherwise u will not be elligible for the scholarship criteria fixed by the govt . and if u have qualified...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
@ vaishali then u can check with anathor iiser , there are nearly 6-7 iiser are there in india . check if anyone will be suitable for you . i am here listing all of the iiser where u can do ...
@ vaishali no , bsc should have to done with any of the govt university recognised by MHRD 9 ministry of human resource and developmet ) join iiser bhopal and pune , directly for why...
Hi IITian, I have a doubt regardong KVPY sa stream? I wanted to know the portions. Like should we study all the 11 th portions n even 10 th portions. N where should should we concentrate...
@ naveen KVpy doesnot have any specific syllabus criteria for testing , and if you are talking about SA stream , then yes , u have to cover whole 10 th class and 11 th class upto november...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
SAHIL 3 months ago
I have got 100 marks in mains and rank 83000 what good colleges can i get for cse,ece,ecc,it
@ neii With this score , u can get good colleges , try for iiit bbsr , iiit allhabad , if ece is possible their , otherwise jaypee noida is also their , u can try in that too . and thapar...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Please give me detailed Introduction of Hyper threading Technology.
Processor resources, however, are often underutilized and the growing gap between core processor frequency and memory speed causes memory latency to become an increasing performance...
Amit Saxena 7 years ago
sir my merit no. in DAIICT( 2015 )( all india category) is 928 i have a chance....please help coz i am not getting any data related to this on google pls help ….thank you
Don’t try to locate it on google rather visit the official website of DAIICT directly and check out the latest updates and make sure that your score falls under the list of shortlisted...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
it has only 2 branches ...ICT and ICT ( with computational minor) ….the later one has 30 seats only for outsiders ..and first one has 120 for outsiders …
manan adhikari one year ago
What is your AIR in JEE Mains
AKSHAY SHARMA one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off