Hi, My son is giving his IGCSE now. We have to choose his board now. He has been a great student throughout, but is bad at rote learning. We are not sure if he will continue his graduation in india or abroad. Based on his personality I felt that the Cambridge A levels would be good..ISC was another option suggested to us. However on researching I have read that it's probably a different syllabus (NCERT) required for the engineering entrance exams in India. i read on some sites that students from Cambridge A levels struggle with the IIT preparation.. is that correct? do very few students from these boards (ISC/ A levels) clear the JEE? is he better off in icse or case?

Hi,
My son is giving his IGCSE now. We have to choose his board now. He has been a great student throughout, but is bad at rote learning.
We are not sure if he will continue his graduation in india or abroad. Based on his personality I felt that the Cambridge A levels would be good..ISC was another option suggested to us.
However on researching I have read that it's probably a different syllabus (NCERT) required for the engineering entrance exams in India.

i read on some sites that students from Cambridge A levels struggle with the IIT preparation..
is that correct? do very few students from these boards (ISC/ A levels) clear the JEE?
is he better off in icse or case?

Grade:10

1 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
7 years ago
Hii,

If he wants to prepare for IIT / other engineering colleges in India then he has to give JEE mains and Advance and on the basis of his rank in JEE he will get a seat in some NITs or IITs. Now JEE’s syllabus goes more parallel with CBSE(NCERT) only, as JEE mains is conducted by CBSE only. So it will be better if you can shift your ward to some CBSE school, his load will decrease..he will not have to focus on do different things.

As per rules, there is not restriction of board, Students from any board can give JEE. but CBSE is more preferrable and suggest to students.
Even there are many students from ICSE also who have qualified JEE with very good ranks but the numbers are less and also there curriculum is little different from routine.

Thanks

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free