coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off

show that  y^2 = ax^2 + bx +c then y^3(d^2y/dx^2) is constant

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

y = \sqrt{ax^{2}+bx+c}
\frac{dy}{dx} = \frac{2ax+b}{2\sqrt{ax^{2}+bx+c}}
\frac{d^{2}y}{dx^{2}} = \frac{4ac-b^{2}}{4(ax^{2}+bx+c)^{3/2}}
y^{3}.\frac{d^{2}y}{dx^{2}} = (ax^{2}+bx+c)^{3/2}.\frac{4ac-b^{2}}{4(ax^{2}+bx+c)^{3/2}} = \frac{4ac-b^{2}}{4}
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

Plz help me solve this question. It is from chapter limits and derivatives . I did not find that in the list,
Krishna, write your questions that you want to ask, to related to limits and derivative. But you studied the defnition of limits and derivative clearly.
Kumar one month ago
Try desmos (Google it ) ... It is used to graph the function.. Then you can set y as a parameter and then you will see that the function as x-> 0 the graph tends to infinity (for some values...
rishabh 22 days ago
Kumar the question is lim x--> 0 ((y^2 - (y-x)^2)^1/x). / (8xy - 4x^2 + (8xy)^1/2)^3 I have also attached the image of it with the question please take a look
Sujith krishna one month ago
the subnormal at any point on the curve xy n = a n+1 is constant for?
The subnormal is constant for any value of x, y, and even n, . X, Y belongs to R and n belongs to N. Because given equation denotes a simple curve so subnormal have not any restrinction...
Pushparaj Patel one year ago
If f(x) is a polynomial and f:R->R such that f(2x)=f'(x).f''(x). Find f(3).
Here is my attempt to solution, let me know if it is correct........................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Suppose that f(x) is an infinite degree polynomial i.e. f(x)=exp(x), and satiesfied the given condition f(2x)=f’(x)f”(x). Thus the value of f(3)=exp(3).
Kumar 2 months ago
sinA+sinB=a & cosA+cosB=b Prove that- sin(A+B)=(2ab)/(a²+b²)
Apply sinc + sind and cosc + cosd forulae: and divide them u would get the relation of tan in terms of a and b. And then after find sin(A+B) taking lhs and prove it for RHS.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is the next number in series 1,3,7,25,103,? (i) 526 (ii) 521 (iii) 515 (iv) 509
I too feel the same but this question has been given in FIITJEE mental ability book for Udaya-I for class 8. In book its answer has been given as 521 but no logic has been given for it. If...
Akshit Khanna one year ago
1 * 1 + 2 =3 3 * 2 + 1=7 7 * 3 + 4=25 25 * 4 + 3=103 103 * 5 + 6=521 521 * 6 + 5=3131 Here the sequence is first multiply by 2 and then add 1 AND in the next number the reverse is following ...
Rudrajyoti Das 3 months ago
I feel that there is some mistake in the question since...there is no relation between the 4 th and 3 rd , 5 th and 4 th .. Please recheck the question.....
Shubham Kamleshbhai Patel one year ago
what is integration? and what is the real life applications of an integration?
Dear Sudharshan Integration is the one symboll used in solving problems . Integration is opposite to differentiation. It is usefull in mathematics, physics and chemistry
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
DEAR SUDARSHAN, Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one. Integration is used to compute such things as the areas and...
naresh raju 9 months ago
dear sudarshan..... Integration is a way of adding slices to find the whole. Integration can be used to find areas, volumes, central points and many useful things. But it is easiest to...
mohan 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 320 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn