Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

the cost of fuel for running a bus is proportional to the square of the speed generated in km/hr. it costs Rs.48 per hour when the bus is mooving at the speed of 20km/hr .what is the most economical speed if the fixed charges are Rs.108 for an hour,over and above the running charges.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Let cost of fuel be ‘P’ Rs/hr & spped of vehicle be ‘v’ in km/hr.
P \alpha v^{2}
P = av^{2}, a = constant
48 = a(20)^{2}
a = \frac{48}{20^{2}} = \frac{3}{25}
P = \frac{3}{25}v^{2}
There is something missing in the question. How much distance bus need to cover should mention. Otherwise, at
P = 108 (\frac{Rs.}{hr})
108 = \frac{3}{25}v^{2}
v = 30 (\frac{km}{hr})
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

The minimum value of the polynomial x(x+1)(x+2)(x+3) is: a) 0 b) 9/16 c) -1 d) -3/2 ? Please answer in detail.
HInt: Expand the brackets and use the differnciation method to find it. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Plz help me solve this question. It is from chapter limits and derivatives . I did not find that in the list,
Krishna, write your questions that you want to ask, to related to limits and derivative. But you studied the defnition of limits and derivative clearly.
Kumar one month ago
Try desmos (Google it ) ... It is used to graph the function.. Then you can set y as a parameter and then you will see that the function as x-> 0 the graph tends to infinity (for some values...
rishabh 18 days ago
Kumar the question is lim x--> 0 ((y^2 - (y-x)^2)^1/x). / (8xy - 4x^2 + (8xy)^1/2)^3 I have also attached the image of it with the question please take a look
Sujith krishna one month ago
y= h0 + h1x1 + h2x2 x1= 2, x2= 1, y=250 Find h0,h1, h2
Priya, here one equation and three unknown. So it has infinte number of solution. if the value of h1=1,2,3,-------- then corresponding chose the value of h0 and h2.
Kumar one month ago
If a polynomial P(x) is divided by x-a, x-b, x-c, we get a,b,c as remainders respectively (x€R). Then what will be the remainder when P(x) is divided by (x-a)(x-b)(x-c)?
Using Remiander theorem f(a) is the remainder when f(x) is divided by x-a when f(x) is divided by q(x) the remainder will be having degree less than q(x) so when P(x) is divided by...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Note that P(a) =a, P(b) = b, and P(c) = c. Hence if we consider the polynomial Q(x) = P(x) – x, we see that Q(a) = Q(b) = Q(c) = 0. By Factor theorem we conclude (x-a)(x-b)(x-c) is a factor ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
There`s a line AB whose distance is given and coordinates of A are given as well. How to find the coordinates of B? I tried it by Distance formula but in the end I get a quadratic eqn in x...
Is the equation of any line given?If yes then use parametric form and then solve. You can also bring the coordinates of B completely in terms of x or y.
2017 years ago
Prove :n! / r!(n-r)! + n! / (r-1)(n-r+1)! = (n+1)! / r! ( n-r+1)!
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn