Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

for the function to be cont & diff at x=0.

what will be the value of n?

f(x) =      xn sin 1/x        x not 0

0                 x =0

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear dinesh

f(x) =      xn sin 1/x        x not 0

0                 x =0

for differentiability at x=0

RHD     f'(0)= lim x tends to 0+  {f(x)-f(0)}/(x-0)

=lim x tends to 0+  xn-1 sin1/x

limit exixt for n>=1    and sin(1/x)   always lies between -1 to 1

LHD f'(0)= lim x tends to 0-     {f(x)-f(0)}/(x-0)

=lim x tends to 0-        xn-1 sin1/x

limit exixt for n>=1    and sin(1/x)   always lies between -1 to 1

LHD =RHD  only possible for n>=1

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

Find d (x 4 +x 2 +1) / x 2 +x+1 dx Please tell me how do this question.
on dividing numerator with denominator:(x^4+x^2+1)/(x^2+x+1)= =((x^2+x+1)(x^2-x+1)+1)/(x^2+x+1) =(x^2-x+1)+1/(x^2+x+1) on differentiating the resulted equation we will get...
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
Numerator is divisible by denominator . On dividing numerator by denominator the it is reduced to x 2 -x +1 differentiating this we get 2x-1 as answer
Ajay 4 months ago
can you pls tell me the book which is good for calculus
@ karan frst of all complete your ncert , then do the exercises as well as miscellenous given in the ncert , then switch up to exempler and solve each and every question their . after that...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
Depends on what is your goal. If you goal is to prepare for board exams then you dont need to look beyond NCERT provided you solve all problems includng excempler problems If its IIT Mains...
Ajay 4 months ago
i think best book for calculus are thomson calculus and objectiv mathematics volume 2 written by rd sharma
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
Plz solve this
HInt:- For first question replace x + y = t and try to find it out. For second apply the formula of product rule of differenciation.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
what is the volume of tetrahedran whose co terminous edges are a b c vectors
1÷6 into the scalar triple product of the three coterminous edges gives the vomume of the tetrahedron.....hence volume of Tetrahedron is 1÷6*[a b c ]
Himanshu 11 months ago
Integration of x^4/(x-1)(x^2+1)?
Harsh Patodia one month ago
We can reduce the effort substantially...... This is easy to integrate
mycroft holmes one month ago
I need some help in this question. plz answer if u can. consider a line on z axis (or z axis itself) now shift it 30dgr towards x axis. then 30 dgr towards y axis. plz find the angle from...
Hii You can use vectors form. First the line is in xz plane .Write down its equation in terms of vectors , then the line moves to the 3D plane which can be used again with vectors . In this...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
sorry sir i am not getting how to use vertor in this quesion can u plz explain me in more detail well thanks for your answer
Ankit Jaiswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn