ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

f(x)= sinx-cosx+2^1/2 whole divided by x^3/2 where x belongs to[Π/4,5Π/4].let m the minimum value of f(x) and M be the max value of f(x).then [2M/5m] where [.] denotes greatest integer function

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Debadutta,

The given expression is

S = [√2*sin(x-Π/4) + √2] / x3/2 = √2 [sin(x-Π/4) + 1] / x3/2

Note that (x-Π/4) ε [0,Π].

So clearly S is maximum when x=Π/4, and minimum when x=5Π/4.

So now you can find what [2M/5m] will be.

Regards,

Ashwin.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Prove that

let y = f(x) g(x) Taking log on both sides log y= g(x) log(f(x)) Taking antilog on both sides y = e g(x) logf(x) Consider log f(x)= log ( 1 + (f(x)-1)) Expansion of log ( 1 + x)= x – x...
  img
Harsh Patodia 5 months ago

Hi Student, Basically subtraction of 1 comes from the derivation. So it must be done. If you want to know the derivation please reply on this thread otherwise its not necessary. You can...
  img

Hi student This is of the type f(x) g(x) which is of form 1 such that f(x) 1 and g(x) Solution of such form is give by e g(x)(f(x)-1) When you will subsitute appropriate values of f(x) and...
  img
TANGENTS AND NORMALS at what points on the curve y = x^2 – 4x + 5 is the tangent perpendicular to the line 2y+x = 7

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Slope of line = -1/2 Slope of tangent = m Put in curve
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
Q. THE RANGE OF THE FUNCTION sin(inverse)( x(square) + 2x)

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below First we need to check the domain of the function ….......(1) So the domain of f(x) is (1). Since it covers all the...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
Three terms in Harmonic Progression. If the third terms decreas by four it is Arithmetic Progression. If the third terms decrease by 3 they are in Geometric Progression. Find the three...

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago
Given planes P1: cy+bz=x P2 : az+cx =y P3: bx+ay=z P1, P2 and P3 pass through one line, if (A) a 2 +b 2 +c 2 =ab+bc+ca (B) a 2 +b 2 +c 2 +2abc=1 (C)a 2 +b 2 +c 2 =1 (D) a 2 +b 2 +c 2...

The answer to your question is B) a 2 +b 2 +c 2 +2abc=1. I’ve got it using a bit long method so try to solve it with any better and easier one. I used the concept of family of Planes.What I...

Yash Jain one month ago
In the figure given below, ABCDEF is a regular hexagon of side length 1, AFPS and ABQR are squares.Then the ratio Area (APQ)/ Area (SRP) equals

length of AP and AQ is as these are diagonals of square with side 1. Since AP and AQ are diagonals of square ASPF and ABQR respectively Also, due to hexagon property, angle between adjacent...
  img
Sandeep Pathak 5 months ago

Notice length of AP = = length of AQ. Also note and length of SR = length of SP = 1. so the two triangles are iscosceles with same angle between the equal sides. So the ratio of areas is...
  img
Sandeep Pathak 6 months ago

Sir , can you explain this answer with more steps.

Vineeth 5 months ago
View all Questions »