f(x)= sinx-cosx+2^1/2 whole divided by x^3/2 where x belongs to[Π/4,5Π/4].let m the minimum value of f(x) and M be the max value of f(x).then [2M/5m] where [.] denotes greatest integer function

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Debadutta,

The given expression is

S = [√2*sin(x-Π/4) + √2] / x3/2 = √2 [sin(x-Π/4) + 1] / x3/2

Note that (x-Π/4) ε [0,Π].

So clearly S is maximum when x=Π/4, and minimum when x=5Π/4.

So now you can find what [2M/5m] will be.

Regards,

Ashwin.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i am very weak in doing problems in ‘application of derivatives’. can u help me?

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below You need to practice lots of questions in Application od derivative to acquire a confidence. Always try to find each and every...
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago
Total number of solutions x 2 -4-[x]=0

2 Solve it graphically.

Drake 6 months ago
Whether {x} is a differential function ?

for a function to be differentiable its both limit should be equal(left hand and right hand limit) and it should be continuous.Then the particular function is differentiable. The function is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
1)A wire of length 18 m had been tied with electric pole at an angle of elevation 30º with the ground. Because it was convering a long distance, it was cut and tied at an angle of elevation...

Dear student, (1) If we assume the height at which the wire has been joined is y m and the new length of the wire is x m. Then, using trigonometry, we would have: , Hence the length of the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 4 months ago
The number of points (x,y) (where x and y both are perfect squares of integers) on the parabola y^2=px,p being a prime number, is ?

y 2 = px y = sqrt(px) Since x & y are perfect square integers, sqrt(x) is an integer. Since p is a prime no., sqrt(p) is an irrational no. The point which satisfies the given condition is...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 5 months ago
Q . IF THE DISTANCE OF ANY POINT ( x , y ) FROM THE ORIGIN IS DEFINED AS d( x,y) = max { | x | , | y | } , d( x,y) = a , non-zero constant, THEN THE LOCUS IS - A CIRCLE A SQUARE A STRAIGHT...

The answer, from the given options, should be A TRIANGLE. I got it by eliminating the rest of the options. P.S:- I have checked for the first three options. From them, i haven’t got the...

Yash Jain one month ago

it is a squre with line X=+a,-a Y=+a,-a

Abhishek Singh 24 days ago
View all Questions »