f(x)= sinx-cosx+2^1/2 whole divided by x^3/2 where x belongs to[Π/4,5Π/4].let m the minimum value of f(x) and M be the max value of f(x).then [2M/5m] where [.] denotes greatest integer function

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Debadutta,

The given expression is

S = [√2*sin(x-Π/4) + √2] / x3/2 = √2 [sin(x-Π/4) + 1] / x3/2

Note that (x-Π/4) ε [0,Π].

So clearly S is maximum when x=Π/4, and minimum when x=5Π/4.

So now you can find what [2M/5m] will be.

Regards,

Ashwin.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I made a circle in attachment …. .here theta = cos -1 x ...Lekin usne fir bhi theta ki value nhi rakhi ….wo theta ki value rakh ke bhi to x ke respect differential kar sakta tha …..please...

Hello student, Please find answer to your question Yes, you can do by both ways. The one which is done in the question is easy & less confusing. You can do by directly putting the value...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
Show by using LMVT , f(x)=logx that 1-a/b

Hi Drake, Please write the complete question. What do i need to show by LMVT. Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
find dy/dx y= (e)^x + (10)^x + (x)^x

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
evaluate ∫ 2 cos^2 x- cos 2x / cos^2 x dx

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago
a person walks first 10 km north and 20 km east, then the resultant vector is ​a). 22.36km b). 22.46km c). 25.23km d). 20.36km i want the solution of this question

Hii student. as the direction travelled is north and east we will tAKE IT AS POSITIVE “I” and POSITIVE “j” direction so the final vector is 10j+ 20i. Tke the...
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 days ago
hi in numerator it is e raise to power modulus of x ...please help ….i posted ….......last time i posted this quetion …..at that time i called e raise to power integral part which is wrong...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below So, range of f(x) varies from -1 to 1 (both exclusive). But the co-domain is R. So f(x) is into function. (Function is onto when...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 days ago
View all Questions »