when function is increasing

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please tell how they calculate it sir please see attachment

Shereen Bhan:."Changing Future Education of India". Young turks - CNBC-TV18.1. 8. 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2. Jump up^"Ex-IITians offer help: Financial...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago

Are u really a askiitian faculty

milind 2 months ago
Please tell how they calculate it sir please see attachment

use induction principle to verify for n=1 = 5+1/1 + 0/1=6 2+4=6 means for n=1 it is correct , lets prove assume it true for n, and try to prove for n+1.
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago

Hello student, Please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago

Hello student, Please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
find the values of "x" for which the rate of change of (x^4/4)+(x^3/3)-x is more than x^4/4 ?

x^3 + x^2 > x^4>4 x^4-4x^3-4x^2<0 x^2(x^2-4x-4)<0 roots 2+- 2sqrt(2), between the the two roots above conditions satisfy.
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
how to find if resultant of three vectors is zero. Q in case of three vectors of same type whose resultant cannot be zero? (A)10,10,10 (B)10,20,40 (C)10,10,20 (D)10,20,20

If the magnitude of any vector is more than the sum of remaining two vectors, then the resultant cannot be zero. It is in case of B) as 40>20 + 10 THanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi askiitians...
  img
bharat bajaj 4 months ago
Sum 1+3+4+8+7+13+10+18+........... to 23 terms.

Hello Student, if you see its merged form of two series. 1,4,7,10,13,16...till 12 terms=6(2+11*3) 3,8,13...till 11 terms=11(3+10*5)/2 Now its easy to find. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar...
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
Sir Pls prove that the vector area of a triangle whose vertices are a vector bvector and cvector is 0.5(bvec cross cvector +cvector cross a vec+ a vector cross b vector) Thanks and Rgds, Jai

Let A be the endpoint of , B be the endpoint of vector , and C be the endpoint of vector . Then the vector from A to B is , and the vector from A to C is . So (1/2) | X | is the area of the...
  img
bharat bajaj 2 months ago

Dear student, Let the vertices be given by the vectors: So, the area would be given by: Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
View all Questions »