Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off
USE CODE: MOB20

when function is increasing

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

How to find the shortest distance between any point on the given curve and a line

Write the equation for the tangent to curve at general point(x1,y1) and as shortest distance is along parallel line put slope of this tangent equal to slope of line and by using equation of ...

Himanshu 5 months ago
in differential (d/dx)(dy/dx)=(d^2y)/(dx^2) write above equation why do not write (d^2x^2)?

because w.r.t of x we are differentiating, that why we are not writting d^2x^2,, we are writting dx^2

vijaychari 4 months ago
Can u solve it? Question number 13 plz

By expanding the tan2x and cos2x terms we get simplifying we get now each of the multiplying term has limit 1 as x tends to 0 thus L = 1/2
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 5 months ago
what is the integration of square root of sin x a trignometric function

Using the method of by parts ,
  img
BALAJI ANDALAMALA 5 months ago
Determine the number of 3 digit numbers in base 10 having at least one 5 and at most one 3.

hii, No of 3 digit numbers is 900 Out of 900, 260 numbers have at least one digit as 5. Now out of the 260, there is only 1 number which does not satisfy the demands of the question.. That...

manmath 4 months ago

No of 3 digit numbers is 900 Out of 900, 260 numbers have at least one digit as 5. Now out of the 260, there is only 1 number which does not satisfy the demands of the question.. That...

Jayakrishna Natarajan 6 months ago
Could you explain the concept of Stokes theorem and curl theorem please it is urgent!! I have already mastered the concept of divergence theorem so if u need tht to explain it to me then u...

Hi We cater JEE MAIN and advance syllabus. If you have doubts pertaining to JEE.Ask it and we will revert back to you.
  img
Sourabh Singh 4 months ago

HiWe cater JEE MAIN and advance syllabus. If you have doubts pertaining to JEE.Ask it and we will revert back to you.PLEASE USE THIS OPPORTUNITY

SHAIK HAFEEZUL KAREEM 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: Exclusive40

Get extra R 320 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts