when function is increasing

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What does differentiation actually mean

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Differentiation is a preocess of finding the derivative. Derivative is a fundamental tool of calculus. Thederivativeof afunction...
  img
Jitender Singh 13 days ago
i am very weak in doing problems in ‘application of derivatives’. can u help me?

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below You need to practice lots of questions in Application od derivative to acquire a confidence. Always try to find each and every...
  img
Jitender Singh 10 days ago
Total number of solutions x 2 -4-[x]=0

2 Solve it graphically.

Drake one month ago
If a 1 , a 2 ,a 3 , a 4 , a 5 , a 6 are in A.P., then prove that the system of equations a 1 x + a 2 y = a 3 , a 4 x + a 5 y = a 6 is consistent

Let a 1 = a, then a 2 = a + d, a 3 = a + 2d, a 4 = a + 3d, a 5 = a + 4d, a 6 = a + 5d The equations are consisent if a 4 /a 1 # a 5 /a 2 => a 4 * a 2 # a 5 * a 1 => (a + 3d) * ( a + d) # (a...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 13 days ago
Does Average Velocity have Direction?

DEAR VARUN , I DON''T THINK AVERAGE VELOCITY HAS DIRECTION IT ONLY HAS MAGNITUDE APPROVE IF MY ANSWER IS RIGHT PLEASE

Revanth - - one year ago

Yes - just like any velocity, average velocity is a vector and has a direction associated with it. Speed, on the other hand is only an intensive property which has no specific direction...

yours katarnak Suresh one year ago

yes,because velocity is a vector quantity which have magnitude and direction both.Therefore average velocity also has direction.

Abhijeet Singh one year ago
The slope of the tangent to a curve y=f(x) at (x, f(x)) is 2x+1. If the curve passes through the point (1,2), then the area of the region bounded by the curve, the x-axis and the line x=1 is...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Slope of the curve at any point x Integrate both sides It is passing through (1, 2) Area bounded by curve in the given region:
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago
View all Questions »