when function is increasing

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
find dy/dx when y= ((x)^2 -1)^3 (2x – 1)/ sqrt((x-3) (4x-1))

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
Let f : A-> A where A = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5} such that ff(x) = x . How many such functions are possible

First note that the function is injective: f(x) = f(y) implies f(f(x)) = f(f(y)) which yields x = y. We say that a number x is fixed by f if f(x) = x. Now, if f(a) = b, with a and b unequal,...

mycroft holmes one month ago

In general the real functions which satisfies the condition that fof(x) = x are (i) f(x) = a – x where a is any real no. (ii) f(x) = x But here, f: A → A is the function which should satisfy...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI one month ago

Pl. ignore this solution – it is incomplete

Y RAJYALAKSHMI one month ago
If lim(x->0) [1+x + (f(x)/x)] 1/x = e 3 Find f(x). f(0) not equal to zero.

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
A bullet loses nth fraction of its velocity while passing through a sandbag. The minimum number of sandbags required to arrest the bullet is?

the velocity after first bag = v- v/n = v(n-1)/n the velocity after secnod bag = v(n-1)/n- v(n-1)/n^2 = v(n-1)/n(n-1)/n = v(n-1) 2 /n 2 if n=1, means velocity loses complete velocity then 1...
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
please solve this question image attached

img
Nishant Vora one month ago
what is vector

Dear student, Any physical quantity can be classified either as a scalar or as a vector. A scalar quanitity can be specified completely with its magnitude whereas the vector needs both the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago

A Vector is a quantity that has both mgnitude as well as direction and obeys the laws of vetor algebra.

Harshakavya 2 months ago

A Vector is a quantity that has both mgnitude as well as direction and obeys the laws of vetor algebra.

Nisarga Rajendra Khairnar 2 months ago
View all Questions »