when function is increasing

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Total number of solution 2 x +3 x +4 x -5 x =0 Thanks

Ans: There is only one solution that lie b/w 2 & 3. So both values have opposite sign, so f(x) should be zero b/w somewhere. You can see it from the graph also. Thanks & Regards...
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
Find doamin of f(x) g(x)=|sinx|+sinx h(x)=sinx+cosx , x is in b/w 0 to pi f(x)=(logh(x) g(x))1/2 log is in square root answer is pi/6,pi/2 pls give two solution graph and analytical. thanks

Ans: 1st Part: 2nd Part: 1st Condition: …...........(1) 2nd Condition: …...............(2) Final Solution: Intersection of (1) & (2) Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT...
  img
f(x)=cospx+sinpx is periodic then p must be rational or irrational or can be postive real number. Thanks

Ans: are periodic function with a period of 2pi. are periodic with a period of p can be anything other than zero. Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
A bullet loses nth fraction of its velocity while passing through a sandbag. The minimum number of sandbags required to arrest the bullet is?

the velocity after first bag = v- v/n = v(n-1)/n the velocity after secnod bag = v(n-1)/n- v(n-1)/n^2 = v(n-1)/n(n-1)/n = v(n-1) 2 /n 2 if n=1, means velocity loses complete velocity then 1...
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
plz find value of k?

Let the roots of the equation are [r_{1}, r_{2},r_{3}\; and\; r_{4}] . Given that [r_{1} \times r_{2} = -31] . From the equation [r_{1} \times r_{2} \times r_{3} \times r_{4}=-2015 \\...
  img
Satyajit Samal 15 days ago

Let the roots of the equation are . Given that . From the equation Also …...........(1) ….............(2) Also ….......(3) Use (1) and (3) to find . Use the values in...
  img
Satyajit Samal 15 days ago
Solve this ∫(xsinx/e x +1) dx Limit is from -1 to 1.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
View all Questions »