when function is increasing

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
f(x) = maximum {4, 1+x^2, x^2 -1}, x belong R. total no of points where fx is non differentiable ? graphical approach if possible

Hi Arpit, First note that x^2 + 1 > x^2 – 1 for all x belonging to R Therefore, max{4, x^2 -1, x^2+1} = max{4, x^2 + 1} Now, x^2 + 1 is a quadratic expression and opens upwards. To find the...

Asish Mahapatra 26 days ago

thank u for your help

Arpit Dhankar 25 days ago
Can anyone tell which book is best for jee paper 2 maths

Hello student, please find answer to your question Syllabus of JEE Main Paper 2 Maths is same as JEE Main Paper 1 Maths. You can follow the following books: SL Loney: Trigonometry &...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
See attachment sir please explain this question …...I’ll be very great full

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago

Differential of log ^n x is

milind 2 months ago
All the points lying inside the triangle formed by the points (1,3), (5,6) amd (-1,2) satisfy: a)3x+2y_ 0 b) 2x+y+1_0 c) -2x+11_0 d)2x+3y-12_0

I think there is some problem with your question since the points lying inside a triangle constitute an enclosed area. So these pointscannot lie on a st. line.

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 2 months ago
If equation x^4+px^3+qx^2+rx+5=0 has four real roots then find the minimum value of p.r

Hello Student Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
if x be the real number such that x 3 +4x=8,then value of the expression x 7 +64x 2 is......

Hello student, For any integer n ,the given equation impliesx n+3 =-4x n+1 +8x n so we can write such power of x in terms of lower powers. carrying out this process iteratively gives x 7...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 2 months ago
View all Questions »