There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

when function is increasing

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
l

Dear student, Please post the correct question. Thanks Nishant Vora
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago

where is the question kindly post it again to get it be answered

ng29 3 months ago
TANGENTS AND NORMALS find the points on the curve y=3x^2 – 9x + 8 at which the tangents are equally inclined with the axes

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Put in curve: Similarly you will get for x = 5/3.
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago

You must add more information to the answer by providing why the slope is =1/-1 and whose slope. Let me add some more values to the answer. Any line inclined equally with axes makes angle...

Sumer Singh 3 days ago

tangent means slope and slope means dy/dx thus u can diffrentiate both sides and get the answer

grenade 2 months ago
f(x).f(y)=f(x+y) find f(x)

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar one year ago

f(x).f(y)=f(x+y) by trial n error we can say that f(x)=a x it satisfies given condition

yaswanth 7 months ago
integ of tanx/x dx solve it if you dare

Integral could not be found,
  img
Vijay Mukti 16 days ago
Find the arithmetic mean of the ordinates of the feet of the normals from the point (3,5) to the parabola y^2 = 8x

Sum of the ordinates of conormal points is zero. we can prove by following approach: Equation of normal at any point(2t^2,4t) to the parabola y^2=8x is y= -ty+4t+2t^3 it passes through (3,5)...
  img
Sunil Raikwar 11 months ago
View all Questions »