when function is increasing

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q. ​IF TWO ROOTS OF THE EQUATION- (p-1)(x 2 + x + 1) 2 – (p+1)( x 4 + x 2 +1) = 0 ARE REAL AND DISTINCT AND f(x) = 1-x/1+x , THEN f(f(x)) + f(f(1/x)) IS EQUAL TO- p -p 2p -2p

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Option(1) is correct.
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago

THANK YOU SIR.....

bharat makkar 4 months ago
Find doamin of f(x) g(x)=|sinx|+sinx h(x)=sinx+cosx , x is in b/w 0 to pi f(x)=(logh(x) g(x))1/2 log is in square root answer is pi/6,pi/2 pls give two solution graph and analytical. thanks

Ans: 1st Part: 2nd Part: 1st Condition: …...........(1) 2nd Condition: …...............(2) Final Solution: Intersection of (1) & (2) Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT...
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago
please solve this question

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Your question is not clear. Please reupload the image. The first part of numerator: Is it e raise to power fraction part of...
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago

no sir it is e raise to power integer part of x part of x

milind 3 months ago
View all Questions »