DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   when function is increasing

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

The derivative of a function may be used to determine whether the function is increasing or decreasing on any intervals in its domain. If f′(x) > 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be increasing on I. f′(x) < 0 at each point in an interval I, then the function is said to be decreasing on I. Because the derivative is zero or does not exist only at critical points of the function, it must be positive or negative at all other points where the function exists.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please prove …..and also give explanation sir please

Ans: Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago

Sir but what is answer

milind 10 months ago
Let f : A-> A where A = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5} such that ff(x) = x . How many such functions are possible

First note that the function is injective: f(x) = f(y) implies f(f(x)) = f(f(y)) which yields x = y. We say that a number x is fixed by f if f(x) = x. Now, if f(a) = b, with a and b unequal,...

mycroft holmes 8 months ago

In general the real functions which satisfies the condition that fof(x) = x are (i) f(x) = a – x where a is any real no. (ii) f(x) = x But here, f: A → A is the function which should satisfy...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 8 months ago

Pl. ignore this solution – it is incomplete

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 8 months ago
Q .FIND THE DOMAIN OF THE FUNCTION WHOSE PIC IS ATTACHED-

Dear student, Pls send the pic of the question again. I cann’t see any pic attached. Thanks,...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago

Dear student, Regards
  img
Sumit Majumdar 7 months ago

i have put up the same question with the pic attached

Bharat Makkar 7 months ago
Consider an A.P. with first term 'a' and the common difference 'd'. Let Sk denote the sum of its first K terms. If x kx S S is independent of x, then (A) a = d/2 (B) a = d (C) a = 2d (D)...

Hello Student, can you please specify the condition in the question properly becoz its not clear Thank you...
  img
Nishant Vora 8 months ago

Hello student, Now this will be independent of ‘x‘ only when 2a=d Option (A)
  img
Nishant Vora 8 months ago

okay here the question again...Q.Consider an A.P. with first term 'a' and the common difference 'd'. Let Sk denote the sum of its first Kterms. If Skx/Sx is independent of x then which one...

Henry Kashyap 8 months ago
Find the sum of the series 1/1.2.3.4 + 1/2.3.4.5 +...... n terms.

nth term of the given series is 1/[n][n+1][n+2][n+3] T n ={1/[n][n+1]}{1/[n+2][n+3]} ={1/n-1/[n+1] } {1/[n+2]-1/[n+3]} ={1/n}{1/[n+2]}-{1/[n]}{1/[n+3]}-{1/[n+1]}{1/[n+2]}+{1/[n+1]}{1/[n+3]}...

vsujji 13 days ago

telescopic series

akshat 13 days ago
[ r1 – r ]/a + [r2 – r]/b =?

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago
View all Questions »