If cosy=xcos(a+y). And dx/dy =k/1+(x)2-2xcosa...... Then find value of k Now my main question is..For above que. We should diff. w.r.t "y" and we get k=sina.. ..And i see same que in diff book like this mainor.. .... If cosy=xcos(a+y). And dy/dx =k/1+(x)2-2xcosa...... Then find value of k ,and for this we should diff w.r.t "x"..And we get same ans. K=sina then for this que. We prove dy/dx=dx/dy... Thanks

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

may be the question is wrong or may be the value ofdy/dx ...or dx/dy are equal to 1 at k = sina

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find all the tangents to a circle (x-a) 2 + (y-b) 2 = r 2 which make an angle @ with x axis

the result is very simple for circle centred at origin we say eqn of tangents is y=mx +/- r(1+m 2 ) 1/2 for circle with centre a,b we can linearly transform the eqn. by Replacing y------>...

Abhishek Singh 27 days ago

sorry it must be y-b=m(x-a) +/- r(1+m 2 ) ½ ( here +/- means plus or minus) in above post g must be replaced by “-a” and m is multiplied to x-a. it was my fault But your answer is wrong as...

Abhishek Singh 27 days ago

any line of form y-b=mx-g +/- r(1+m 2 ) ½ ( here +/- means plus or minus) will touch the given circle, if we put m=tan@ then the equation of the lines are the required tangents.

Abhishek Singh 28 days ago
Q .FIND THE DOMAIN OF THE FUNCTION WHOSE PIC IS ATTACHED-

Dear student, Pls send the pic of the question again. I cann’t see any pic attached. Thanks,...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago

Dear student, Regards
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago

i have put up the same question with the pic attached

bharat makkar 3 months ago
f(x) = maximum {4, 1+x^2, x^2 -1}, x belong R. total no of points where fx is non differentiable ? graphical approach if possible

Hi Arpit, First note that x^2 + 1 > x^2 – 1 for all x belonging to R Therefore, max{4, x^2 -1, x^2+1} = max{4, x^2 + 1} Now, x^2 + 1 is a quadratic expression and opens upwards. To find the...

Asish Mahapatra 4 months ago

thank u for your help

Arpit Dhankar 4 months ago
five persons A,B,C,D,E are pulling the cart of mass 100 kg on a smooth surface and cart is moving with acceleration of 3m/sq in east direction. when person A stops pulling it moves with...

…. Eq. 1 where i is unit vector in east direction. …. Eq 2 … Eq 3 From Equation 1 and 2, we get From equation 1 and 3 , we get Hence, if only A and B are pulling,...
  img
bharat bajaj 7 months ago
A bullet loses nth fraction of its velocity while passing through a sandbag. The minimum number of sandbags required to arrest the bullet is?

the velocity after first bag = v- v/n = v(n-1)/n the velocity after secnod bag = v(n-1)/n- v(n-1)/n^2 = v(n-1)/n(n-1)/n = v(n-1) 2 /n 2 if n=1, means velocity loses complete velocity then 1...
  img
Sher Mohammad 6 months ago
If the vertices of triangles are placed at (1.8,2.4),(5,0) and (0,0), then where is the orthocentre located? The answer is given as (1.8,2.4) Please explain

Solution: As we know the.. orthocentre is the point of intersection of altitudes of the triangle... soo for right angle triangle.. orthocenter is the vertex itself on which right angle is...
  img
Ajay Verma 6 months ago
View all Questions »