DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Consider the functionx f(x) = x3-6x2+9x+k,where k is an integer

i If two roots of f(x)are equal to k where k belongs to (0,4)

ii If two roots of f(x)are equal to k where k belongs to (-4,0)

iii If f(x) = 0 has 3 distinct real roots the number of such value of k is 3 

iv If k belongs to N, f(x) = 0 has exactly one real root.

Which of the following statements are correct.

More than one answer may be correct.

In the first equation it is f(x) = x cube -  6x square + 9x+k where k is an integer

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

I had mistaken in writing the question the question is 

Consider the functionx f(x) = x3-6x2+9x+k,where k is an integer

i If two roots of f(x)are equal  where k belongs to (0,4)

ii If two roots of f(x)are equal  where k belongs to (-4,0)

iii If f(x) = 0 has 3 distinct real roots the number of such value of k is 3 

iv If k belongs to N, f(x) = 0 has exactly one real root.

Which of the following statements are correct.

More than one answer may be correct.

In the first equation it is f(x) = x cube -  6x square + 9x+k where k is an integer

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
f(x) = maximum {4, 1+x^2, x^2 -1}, x belong R. total no of points where fx is non differentiable ? graphical approach if possible

Hi Arpit, First note that x^2 + 1 > x^2 – 1 for all x belonging to R Therefore, max{4, x^2 -1, x^2+1} = max{4, x^2 + 1} Now, x^2 + 1 is a quadratic expression and opens upwards. To find the...

Asish Mahapatra 7 months ago

thank u for your help

Arpit Dhankar 7 months ago
please solve.........reply soon sir.............

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below In place of y, we have x & vice – versa. Area of triangle ABC …..........(1) Area of rectangle:...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
see attachment ...and please tell the method which is used in solution please reply anyone ….i heard lot about this website

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Now looking at the problem in hand There are total 100 term in L out of which 25 terms are zero. Rest all the terms are...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
a dice is rolled the probability of getting a number greater than 2 a odd number are they independent events if yes i cant see how practically

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Sample space, S is S = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6} (i) Let E be the event of occuring a number on die greater than 2 E = {3, 4, 5, 6}...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago

Two events are independent if the occurence of one event does not effect the probability of other. Lets say 1 st event to be A and 2 nd to be B. Let C to be intersection of A and B. A and B...

Jitender Singh 5 months ago

no, i asked whether they are independent and how can this happen that the two events in single dice is independent

rohan 5 months ago
Find the equations of the circles whose centers lie on the line 4x + 3y = 2 and which touch the lines x + y + 4 = 0 and 7x - y + 4 = 0 There are 2 solutions to this question...

This will give 2 values of theta. Hence, 2 values of coordinates of the centre. Use the length of prependicular to find the 2 corresponding radii. This should give the 2 eqns of circles...
  img
Ravi 2 months ago

Thank you so much Sir!!!

Utkarsh 2 months ago
if cos c=( cos a – cos b) /(1-cosa cosb) then tan^2(c/2) tan^2(b/2) is

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below use the formula Put in the original ewaution and solve it ….….….….….….…...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
View all Questions »