DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Consider the functionx f(x) = x3-6x2+9x+k,where k is an integer

i If two roots of f(x)are equal to k where k belongs to (0,4)

ii If two roots of f(x)are equal to k where k belongs to (-4,0)

iii If f(x) = 0 has 3 distinct real roots the number of such value of k is 3 

iv If k belongs to N, f(x) = 0 has exactly one real root.

Which of the following statements are correct.

More than one answer may be correct.

In the first equation it is f(x) = x cube -  6x square + 9x+k where k is an integer

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

I had mistaken in writing the question the question is 

Consider the functionx f(x) = x3-6x2+9x+k,where k is an integer

i If two roots of f(x)are equal  where k belongs to (0,4)

ii If two roots of f(x)are equal  where k belongs to (-4,0)

iii If f(x) = 0 has 3 distinct real roots the number of such value of k is 3 

iv If k belongs to N, f(x) = 0 has exactly one real root.

Which of the following statements are correct.

More than one answer may be correct.

In the first equation it is f(x) = x cube -  6x square + 9x+k where k is an integer

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
d/dx of e^x + 10^x + x^x . RD sharma shows the resultant answer as “ e^x + 10^x ln10 + x^x log(ex) .. How? as d/dx of x^x is x^x(1+lnx)

d/dx of x^x is x^x(1+lnx) But 1 can be written as lne. Therefore d/dx of x^x becomes x^x(lne+lnx). Now, we use this logarithm property : logm +logn =logmn ( This property can be used only...

Satviki Pathak one month ago

its easy look , u had problem in derivative of x x , i will solve stepwise let x x = y and we have to find dy/dx ?? now take log on both sids and we get lny = x lnx now differentiate bot...

ng29 one month ago
what is local maxima and minima

real-valued function f defined on a domain X has a global maximum point at a if f ( a ) ≥ f ( x ) for all x in X . Similarly, the function has a global minimum point at a if f ( a ) ≤ f ( x ...

ng29 26 days ago

Local minima and maxima (First Derivative Test) A function has a local maximum or relative maximum at a point if the values of for 'near' are all less than . Thus, the graph of near has a...

grenade 27 days ago
TANGENTS AND NORMALS find the points on the curve y=3x^2 – 9x + 8 at which the tangents are equally inclined with the axes

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Put in curve: Similarly you will get for x = 5/3.
  img
Jitender Singh 9 months ago

tangent means slope and slope means dy/dx thus u can diffrentiate both sides and get the answer

grenade one month ago
Hi I have doubts in a problem the iitjee question paper 2007.I have attatched the question. When i tried adding both the equations and solving them,i could get 5 solutions...

If you add the two equations you will get few solutions. Check those solutions eg: theta-=90 is not the simultaneous solution of the two equations. Check the solutions once you solve them...
  img
Aziz Alam 3 months ago

Please check the solution
  img
Aziz Alam 4 months ago

Sorry to say, but i had asked why dont we directly add the two equations to solve this question.

uma 3 months ago
a dice is rolled the probability of getting a number greater than 2 a odd number are they independent events if yes i cant see how practically

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Sample space, S is S = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6} (i) Let E be the event of occuring a number on die greater than 2 E = {3, 4, 5, 6}...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago

Two events are independent if the occurence of one event does not effect the probability of other. Lets say 1 st event to be A and 2 nd to be B. Let C to be intersection of A and B. A and B ...

Jitender Singh 8 months ago

no, i asked whether they are independent and how can this happen that the two events in single dice is independent

rohan 8 months ago
what are the next two in the sequence 29,29,27,23,25,19,23,17 a)17,19 b)21,13 c)21,19 d)19,27

29 27 25 23 ? ….............HERE DIFF BTW EACH DIGIT IS 2 SO NEXT DIGIT IS 21 29 23 19 17 ? …...........HERE DIFF BTW EACH DIGIT IS 6,4,2 SO NEXT DIGIT IS 17-4 (13) APPROVE IF USEFUL

noogler one month ago

answer isb

grenade one month ago
View all Questions »