Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off
USE CODE: MOB20

if f:R->[pi/6,pi/2),f(x)= arcsin (x^2 - a/x^2 + 1) is a onto function,den set of values of "a" is.....

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
y = sin^{-1}(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)
(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)=siny
x^{4}+(1-siny)x^{2}-a=0
This is simple Quadratic in x2,
\Delta \geq 0
(1-siny)^{2}\geq 4.(-a)
sin^{2}y-2siny+1+4a\geq 0
\Delta <0
4<4(4a+1)
a>0
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

find the maximum and minimum value of g(x) = x^3 + 1 plz reply as fast as you can

the given function is g(x)=x^3+1 for determining maximum and minimum values we have to find out that the given function is increasing or decreasing so differentiate the given function on...

SREEKANTH one month ago

g(x) = x^3 + 1 differentiate it g’(x) = 3x^2 = 0 hence slope is always positive. the graph will approach to + infinity and – infinity as x increases and decreases. Therfoore maximum and...

Vikas TU one month ago
can you pls tell me the book which is good for calculus

@ karan frst of all complete your ncert , then do the exercises as well as miscellenous given in the ncert , then switch up to exempler and solve each and every question their . after that...

Umakant biswal one month ago

Depends on what is your goal. If you goal is to prepare for board exams then you dont need to look beyond NCERT provided you solve all problems includng excempler problems If its IIT Mains...

Ajay one month ago

i think best book for calculus are thomson calculus and objectiv mathematics volume 2 written by rd sharma

SREEKANTH one month ago
please answer the question given in attatchment

Hint: Frst find the value of d 2 y/dt 2 and d 2 x/dt 2 then divide these two values to get d 2 y/dx 2 . Then finally put t = 0. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago
∫(1- x 2 /x-2x 2 )dx

Do it by partial fraction, ∫(1- x 2 /x-2x 2 )dx can be written as: (1-x)*(1 +x)/x*(1 -2x)dx = A/x + B/(1 -2x) (1 -x) (1 +x) =A(1- 2x) + B(x) Put x= 1, -1 and get the values of A nd B and...

Vikas TU 2 months ago
Solve this Let a = i + 2 j + 3k and b = 3 i + j find the unit vector in the direction of a+b?

Given a = i + 2 j + 3k and b = 3i + j a + b = i + 2 j + 3k + 3i + j = 4 i + 3 j + 3k ∴ The unit vector in the direction of =± 4 i + 3 j + 3k 16 + 9 + 9 =± a+b |a+b| 4 i + 3 j + 3k | 4 i + 3 ...

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 7 months ago
If p/a + q/b + r/c = 0 and a/p + b/q +c/r = 1 then the value of (p/a) 2 + (q/b) 2 + (r/c) 2 = ?

Dear Student, Using (a+b+c) 2 = a 2 + b 2 + c 2 + 2(ab+bc+ca). final answer will be -2(pqr/abc). Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago

dear friends r u want the answer 4r this questoin then see my answer + 2(ab+bc+ca).final answer will be -2(pqr/abc). 2 + c 2 + b 2 = a 2 Using (a+b+c)

manmath 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 320 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts