DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

if f:R->[pi/6,pi/2),f(x)= arcsin (x^2 - a/x^2 + 1) is a onto function,den set of values of "a" is.....

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
y = sin^{-1}(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)
(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)=siny
x^{4}+(1-siny)x^{2}-a=0
This is simple Quadratic in x2,
\Delta \geq 0
(1-siny)^{2}\geq 4.(-a)
sin^{2}y-2siny+1+4a\geq 0
\Delta <0
4<4(4a+1)
a>0
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Blue circles r doubts

i think ans is g(x)= + (1-x 2 ) 1/2

noogler one month ago

cuz it is defined on [-1,1] and given area of equilateral triangle is (3 1/2 )/4 …........generally area of eq. triangle is (3 1/2 )/4 X a 2 here a=1 i.e., distance btw (0,0) and (x,g(x))is ...

noogler one month ago
what are the followed conditions for lhopital rule

the important condition ar both denominator should be continious @ x=x both are diffrentiable @ x=x f(x)=g(x)=0@x=x f’ and g’ should be continious @ x=x approve if useful

grenade 2 months ago

sorry i ain’t mentioned about the 0/0 form it might be and given indeterminant out of those 7 indeterminate forms but we first have to convet the given value into 0/0 form

grenade 2 months ago

its easy jst deiiferentiate both numerator and denominator

anuj 2 months ago
the list of best book for calculus for jee main and advanced

refer Tata Mcgrawl Hills Maths book which has all the solutions and some jee main papers ar solved

VINEETH N 14 days ago
sir,i need an answer to this question from permutations and combinations.the question is:-there are n distinct white balls and n distinct black balls.if the number of ways of arranging them ...

Definately, you will have to start with white or black (2 cases) and then repeat the order as WBWBWB or BWBWBW … and ways to arrange n white or black balls will be factorial(n)....
  img
Vijay Mukti 21 days ago

n=4, suppose it starts with black ball. sequence will be BWBW......BWBW, and if it starts with white ball, sequence will be WBWB.....WBWB. so, there are two cases, for each case, total will ...

Akshay 21 days ago
.if x+270[cos2Π/7+cos4Π/7+cos6Π/7=3746,then find the value of x.

try to simplify [ cos2Π/7+cos4Π/7+cos6Π/7]. Multiply on top and bottom by sin(Π/7), [ cos2Π/7+cos4Π/7+cos6Π/7] = [ sin(3Π/7) – sin(Π/7) + sin(5Π/7) – sin(3Π/7) + sin(7Π/7) – sin(5Π/7)] /...

Akshay 21 days ago
integration of x 7 +2 / (x 2 +x+1) 2.

Are there any limits... I mean to ask whether this is an indefinite or definite integration question

Jayakrishna 4 days ago
View all Questions »