if f:R->[pi/6,pi/2),f(x)= arcsin (x^2 - a/x^2 + 1) is a onto function,den set of values of "a" is.....

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
y = sin^{-1}(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)
(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)=siny
x^{4}+(1-siny)x^{2}-a=0
This is simple Quadratic in x2,
\Delta \geq 0
(1-siny)^{2}\geq 4.(-a)
sin^{2}y-2siny+1+4a\geq 0
\Delta <0
4<4(4a+1)
a>0
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
4 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
​Q. IF f ( x ) IS A DIFFERENTIABLE FUNCTION AND f ’ ( x ) = log 1/3 ( log 3 ( sin x + a) ) , THEN FIND THE INTERVAL OF ‘’a’’ SO THAT f ( x ) IS DECREASING FOR ALL REAL VALUES OF x .

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below If the f(x) is decreasing, then ............(1) Also for the domain of logarithm function, …......(2) Combining (1) and...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

but i think a > 4 as a =3 doesnt satisfy the equation.

bharat makkar one month ago
what is calculus ??please explain it briefly.

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Calculus is the mathematical study of change . It has two major barnches differential calculus (concerning rates of change...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

Dear student, Calculus is the branch of Mathematics which helps in computing results for dynamical systems. Calculus helps one in finding how one physical quantity varies as a function of...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago
please explain fully …...if it is 0/0 form than tell why ….…..please

Ans: If the given function in the limit is of zero by zero form, then we can apply L’Hospital rule which is explain below f(a) = 0 g(a) = 0 Similarly follow for higher derivative. We...
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago

jitendra sir my question is not ..to explain l hospital rule ….….my question is that the image that i attach have 0/0 form …. how it have 0/0 form.....................jo maine question...

milind 3 months ago
jh

what?

surya 4 months ago
How to create a magic square if we know a date. Eg-22-04-2014 The first column should have 22 2nd-04 3rd-20 and 4 th -14. I believe ramanujan created the same thing for his birthday but I...

Please find your answer below let the table be- 22 04 20 14 -1 st row now we have to make 4 rows and 4 columns. now, and the first and the last number ie-22+14=36 now think any 2 number...

Yugabrat Gogoi one month ago

Please find your answer below let the table be- 22 04 20 14 -1 st row now we have to make 4 rows and 4 columns. now, and the first and the last number ie-22+14=36 now think any 2 number...

Yugabrat Gogoi one month ago
View all Questions »