ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

if f:R->[pi/6,pi/2),f(x)= arcsin (x^2 - a/x^2 + 1) is a onto function,den set of values of "a" is.....

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
y = sin^{-1}(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)
(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)=siny
x^{4}+(1-siny)x^{2}-a=0
This is simple Quadratic in x2,
\Delta \geq 0
(1-siny)^{2}\geq 4.(-a)
sin^{2}y-2siny+1+4a\geq 0
\Delta <0
4<4(4a+1)
a>0
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I have heard that Application of derivative is a very important chapter for JEE. How can I become perfect in this chapter, please point out some (imp) books for this chapter for more...

Hello student, Please find answer to your question Your basic concepts of differentiation should be very clear. You should know the slope of tangent & normal in differential form....
  img
Jitender Singh 11 months ago
Find the number of points for which function is discontinuous. f(x) = 1/log|x|

Ans: Function log|x| is not defined at x = 0 So x = 0 is a point of discontinuity. Also for f(x) to be defined, Hence, 1 & -1 are pont of discontinuity. So there are 3 point of...
  img
Jitender Singh 11 months ago
how to calculate period of sin^4x+cos^4x

the expression could be written as 1-2cos^2(x).sin^2(x) so here it is repeating afer pie thus the interval is pie approve if useful

grenade one month ago

when complementry angles r there ans is period by general method /2.........when power of each is 1

Ajay Kotwal 6 days ago

its pi not 2pi

Shubham Singh one month ago
pi/2 ∫ 0 dx/1 + tan x

answer will be pi/4 ..see we have to use the property of definite integral f(a-x) = f(x). also change tanx to sinx / cosx now we have pi/2 ∫ 0 dx/1 + tan x = pi/2 ∫ 0 dx/ (1 + (sinx/cosx) ) ...

abhishek singh 8 months ago

sorrythelast line was wrongly typed .. it was lower limit = 0 and upper limit = pi/2 of [1]* 1/2

abhishek singh 8 months ago
portion should be less for weak students.

Hello student, I am not able to interpret your query. Please write down the problem clearly so that I can provide you the meaningful answer.
  img
Latika Leekha 2 months ago

what portion are you talking about

ng29 2 months ago
View all Questions »