if f:R->[pi/6,pi/2),f(x)= arcsin (x^2 - a/x^2 + 1) is a onto function,den set of values of "a" is.....

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
y = sin^{-1}(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)
(x^{2}-\frac{a}{x^{2}}+1)=siny
x^{4}+(1-siny)x^{2}-a=0
This is simple Quadratic in x2,
\Delta \geq 0
(1-siny)^{2}\geq 4.(-a)
sin^{2}y-2siny+1+4a\geq 0
\Delta <0
4<4(4a+1)
a>0
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
2 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the number of points for which function is discontinuous. f(x) = 1/log|x|

Ans: Function log|x| is not defined at x = 0 So x = 0 is a point of discontinuity. Also for f(x) to be defined, Hence, 1 & -1 are pont of discontinuity. So there are 3 point of...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
2f(sinx)+f(cosx)=x find domain and range. Thanks

domain is all R, as the function is valid for all space R, but to find the range the f must be clear what the function f is , since the funciton f is not given it is not possible to give the...
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
Show by using LMVT , f(x)=logx that 1-a/b

Hi Drake, Please write the complete question. What do i need to show by LMVT. Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
solve for x cos x +cos y +cos(x+y) = -3/2 please explain step by step as i am a begineer .please try to answer asap?

Ans: Your question seems to be incomplete. What is y. Is it variable or constant? If it is variable, then you need to specify the relation b/w x & y. After that, you can simply open the...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

sir y is a variable and we need to solve it not only for x but for y also please help?

rashmi one month ago
evaluate ∫ sqrt(1+cos2x / 2) dx

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago
a person walks first 10 km north and 20 km east, then the resultant vector is ​a). 22.36km b). 22.46km c). 25.23km d). 20.36km i want the solution of this question

Hii student. as the direction travelled is north and east we will tAKE IT AS POSITIVE “I” and POSITIVE “j” direction so the final vector is 10j+ 20i. Tke the...
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 days ago
View all Questions »