Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off

What is L'HOSPITAL rule?how could we apply that?

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

The rule is a method for finding the limiting behavior of a rational function whose numerator and denominator tend to zero at a point or if both functions diverge to infinity also.

For example, the limit of the function as the value of x --> 2.     

This meets the conditions since both the numerator and denominator approach 0 as the value of x -->2. The rule states that in such cases, one can take the derivative of the numerator and denominator independently and then find the limit of this ratio. Since the derivative of the numerator is 2x, and the derivative of the denominator is 1, the ratio of the derivatives is the experession 2x/1 or just 2x; and the limit as x approaches two for this function is just 2(2) = 4. In the area near x=2, the value of the original ratio is very near 4.  

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one year ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
ask question properly
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
(d/dx)((2x)/(3x))? what is the value of this a)1 b)2/3 c)0 d)3/2
0 is the answer.. i am damn sure 0 is the answer.. hey i am fillin g this as rubbish because i have to have 100 characters.. anyways it is 0 because 2x/3x is 2/3.. derivative of constant is ...
Jayakrishna Natarajan 9 months ago
here the answer is zero because here 2x/3x here x and x is cancel so after here 2/3 so the answer is 0
murali 8 months ago
The sum to n terms of the series 1/4+7/16+37/64+175/256...
The general term of the sequence can be written as a k = 1 – (3/4) k . This sum of the sequence can be found out using the well known formula for n-terms of a geometric progression.
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
I am not sure the question is correct. The series do not have any pattern if the third term of series is 35/7 instead of 37/5, it can be summed easily. Please confirm.
Ajay 3 months ago
If f(x)=f(2a-x). Then its graph is symmetrical about which line?
The graph of f(x)=f(-x) is symmetric about x=0. Similarly f(x)=f(x)=f(-(x-2a)). in this question f(x) is symmetric about the line perpendicular to the x axis which passes in between x=x and...
Aditya Dev 2 months ago
I m in now class 11... what bok I choose for study in all subject... Please help me...
Chemistry NCERT Chemistry text books of class XI and class XII (usually sufficient) Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd (only for understanding concepts) Arihant Organic Chemistry...
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago
Dear student, Go to this link Thanks
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 320 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts