Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

Find the maximas and minimas in |1/(2|x|-1)-2|.Please draw the graph.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

the approch to solve this question is to find out the values which x can't take and divide the real line into intervals in which x exists and then use differentiation to find maxima and minima.also check the value of the expresion at the boundary of the intervals including the positive and negative infinities if x can tend them.

the minima is 0, and maxima does nt exist as it tends to infinity(positive,obviously!!).

graph can be drawn easily by analysing the intervals of x explained above  ,taking special care to the boundary values.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

Question: If xe^(xy) – y = sin^2x, then find dy/dx at x=0.
Given eqn. xe^(xy) – y = sin^2x, Differentiate y w.r.t. x as: (1)e^(xy) + xe^(xy)*[1.y + xdy/dx] – dy/dx = sin2x collect dy/dx, put x = 0: dy/dx = 1 is the answer.
Vikas TU 5 months ago
xe^xy – y = sin^2x ∴ y = xe^xy – sin^2x Differention both sides w.r.t x: dy/dx = (1).(e^xy) + (x).(ye^xy) – 2.sinx.cosx ∴ dy/dx = e^xy + xy.e^xy – 2.sinx.cosx NOTE: Differentiate xe^xy by...
Praneet Debnath 4 months ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one year ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
ask question properly
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
could u plz answer the 21 st qstn of misc.exercise of chpt-5, class 12,ncert-“does there exist a function which is continous everywhere but not differentiable at exactly 2 points? justify.” ...
I answered exactly same questions for another user 3 days ago. Please check the answer for previous question under same topic.
Ajay 2 months ago
what is the ramanujans famous number and what is its speciality.........??????????????
mohan “It is the smallest number that can be written as the sum of two cubes in two different ways!” And 1,729 is indeed the smallest such number. And because of this incident, it is now...
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
hai mohan 1729 is the Hardy–Ramanujan number after a famous anecdote of the British ... a visit to the hospital to see the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan . ... in OEIS) defined as ...
manichandra 9 months ago
1729 is the natural number following 1728 and preceding 1730. 1729 is the Hardy–Ramanujan number after a famous anecdote of the British mathematician G. H. Hardy regarding a visit to the...
T.kumar 9 months ago
if a=cosϴ + i sinϴ , find the value of 1+a/1-a?????????????????????????????????????????
hey, a=cosϴ + i sinϴ (given)
Nishant Vora one month ago
A man starts from the point P(-3,4) and reaches point Q(0,1) touching x axis at R such that PR+RQ is minimum, then point R is : ???
It can be any point,because for any point on x-axis the sum of the distance is same as that of PQ. i hope u are satisfied. plese post if u r any further doubts.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
Assume the point to be (x,0).Using distance formulae calculate the distance.Then we get. PR=[(x+3)^2+4^2]^1/2 and RQ=[x^2+1]^1/2 .Now add PR and RQ .let differentiate the eq and...
Leela Lochan one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn