Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off

What do you mean by Implicit Differentiation ?

Also Give me some example please.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

An implicit function of x and y is a function in which one of the variables is not directly expressed in terms of the other. In other words, you use implicit differentiation when both x and y are on the same side. To implicitly differentiate an implicit function follow the steps below.

1. Apply all differentiation rules. Except to y.

y3 - x2 = -5

y3 - 2x = 0

2. Then differentiate the y's in regard to x. In turn you add a y prime to the differentiated y's.

3y2y' -2x = 0

3. Now factor out any y primes. Hint. In this example there are none.

4. Lastly, place all the y primes on one side.

y' = (2x) / (3y2)

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

if f(x).f(1/x) = f(x) + f(1/x) then prove that f(x) = x n + 1
Hii you can find out the value of f(x) and f(1/x) . Multilply f(x) and f(1/x) and then add f(x) and f(1/x). So both these values will be equal.
Sourabh Singh 28 days ago
In this question.. It must be given that the function is a polynomial(which is indirectly given to be proved).. So take a general polynomial of degree n and then subsitute that in the given...
rishabh 22 days ago
Find domain and range and describe nature of graph sir
It will be great if u can specifically pick example so that i can explain in better way. In general u draw vertical linealonggraph, itwill represent range where horizontal line paralle to x...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
If f(x) is a polynomial and f:R->R such that f(2x)=f'(x).f''(x). Find f(3).
Here is my attempt to solution, let me know if it is correct........................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Suppose that f(x) is an infinite degree polynomial i.e. f(x)=exp(x), and satiesfied the given condition f(2x)=f’(x)f”(x). Thus the value of f(3)=exp(3).
Kumar 2 months ago
If the coordinate of a variable point P is (t+1/t,t/
Dear student The question is incomplete. Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
googlelo photoes remove cheyandi.please what is the way to remove photo from iitians.
first google lo photos ela pettalo chepandi kalavathi garu tharvatha ela remove cheyalo memu chepthamu thondharge chepandi
bunnypriya 6 months ago
this question is only for who works in iit. if you know give answer.thank you for your reply bunnypriya garu.
kalavathi 6 months ago
Hi Friends, Do you all know that askiitians has launched self study courses at negligible price along with discount of 30% so that we students can get help in our studies. These lectures...
These self-study packages are actually free to the enrolled students!! The test papers and video solutions given are brilliant and super helpful :D
Kalyani Jayachandran Menon one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 320 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn