Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

Is it compulsory to find the second derivative test for finding maxima and minima?

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Sumit,

Yes, it is compulsory to find the second derivative to get to know the concavity of the graph i.e. whether the graph is increasing and then goes on decreasing or if the graph was decreasing then goes on increasing.

Thank you.

7 years ago

Can't we skip it by using the "jumping" concept?

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

Lim x->2 (2/(x+2) + 1/x2-2x+4 - 24/(x3+8) this is the question
put x = 2 in Lim x->2 (2/(x+2) + 1/x2-2x+4 - 24/(x3+8) =>2/4 + ¼ – 24/16 => 0.5 + 0.25 – 1.5 = > -.75 or -3/4
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Consider a curve y=f(x)We know that dy/dx = f ‘ (x) Now What is the geometrical meaning of dy/dx ?
it refers to the very very small interval of that postion w.r.t itself. Limiting the change in time to 0 sec.
mahima pareek 2 months ago
lim(x->a) [(xsina-asinx) /(x-a) ]=sina-acosa........ PROOF
lim [ (xsin(a) - asin(x)) / (x - a) ] x -> a We have to use L`Hospital`s rule to solve this. This means we take the derivative of each of the top and bottom and calculate a new limit. Keep...
rahul kushwaha 26 days ago
IF A(cosA,sinA) B(cosB,sinC) and C(cosD,sinE) represent three vertices of the triangle . Then find the orthocentre of the triangle.
As the points A,B and C have same distance from origin (0,0). So it’s circumcentre is at (0,0) then it’s orthocentre is the of vertices of the triangle . Its orthocentre is...
Adarsh Srivastav one month ago
Prove that...... cosπ/15.cos2π/15.cos3π/15.cos4π/15.cos5π/15.cos6π/15.cos7π/15=1/2∧7
Please help me. I m not able to sovle this question.....................,...............................
ANKIT ANAND 29 days ago
Largest gp between 100 and 1000 will ooiiiooooooooiuuuuuhhhhhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkk
@ ankkit Kindly recheck the question and do get back to us . yes , there is a large gap between 10 and 100 with many integers , rational number , whole number within it . tell me what...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn