There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

How The Global Positioning System works?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a satellite based navigation system developed by the United States Department of Defense. It is widely used for civilian navigation and positioning, surveying and scientific applications.

Twenty-seven satellites orbiting the earth are responsible for the location-tracking information any GPS receiver – be it in a car or a ship – receives. Of these, at least 24 are operational at any time, and the remaining ones are used as backups.

These satellites continuously send out string of bits that synchronies with every active GPS receiver. They also send out information about where they are.

Thus, a GPS receiver always has information about the location of satellites within its range.

Point positioning and navigation

Prior to 1 May 2000 the GPS specifications stated that under conditions of 'Selective Availability' a single horizontal GPS position will have an uncertainty of 100 meters at 95% confidence. However, on 1 May 2000, 'Selective Availability' was turned off by the United States Government, so that best practice is observed, a single GPS position will now have an uncertainty of about 10-20 meters.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Computer Science And Technologies

Please give me detailed Introduction of Hyper threading Technology.
Processor resources, however, are often underutilized and the growing gap between core processor frequency and memory speed causes memory latency to become an increasing performance...
Amit Saxena 7 years ago
Hi.. I am little bit confuse that i should target Computer programming courses or should go in Technical degree programmes. I have interest in programming. So please give me guidance for my...
Hi I would suggest u to go for Technical courses , as there is ample of computer programming involved in technical courses like computer , IT , ECE engineering and also they have gt a much...
AskiitianExpert Shine 7 years ago
How to securing a website with client SSL certificate
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): How It Works Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects your Web site and makes it easy for your Web site visitors to trust you in three essential ways: 1....
Amit Saxena 7 years ago
Reason to Implement SSL in Website.. If you have sensitive data on your site, or the site is intended for a limited audience, you may want to implement user certificate authorization, which ...
Ravi Sharma 7 years ago
Here are some guidelines for the ticket problem description: Provide your site address (URL and path) Is the server Apache or IIS? If the server is not SSL-enabled, can the server admin set ...
Himanshu Vijay 7 years ago
Please give me some guidance about Geographic Information System and some refference website link related to the topic. I need it for preparing my seminar..
Geographic Information System A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically...
Hrishant Goswami 7 years ago
Sir, I want to know, what is is best engg. college between UIET, Chandigarh and Collage of Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
UIET, Chandigarh > Collage of Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
Nishant Vora one year ago
Go for Chandigarh but if still if you are abit suspicious then draw a comparison of features of certain selected institutions where quality education is imparted and better placements are...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
sirs i would like to ask u 1 question can u pls tell me which of the following books is better for class 11 and class 12 cbse board exams 1)arihant all in one physics and all in one...
@ raghav if u are concerned about board exams then take arihant all in one physics and chemistry , its very helpfull for boards , even u no need to touch ncert if u can only aim for boards...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
The books by arihant are better for board exams..........................................................................................................................
Mudit 2 months ago
I have 5 year gap between 10th and 12th. Can I apply for aiims /aipmt MBBS please help me sir
HI I THINK YOU ARE SATISFYING ALL THE THREE CONDITIONS MENTIONED BELOW The applicant must be at least 17 years old on Last Week of December, 2015 to be eligible for the exam. The upper age...
SAHIL 2 months ago
@ sarfraj No , aiims and aipmt are the entrance for studying into the aiims and govt and private medical college for undergraduate course . and u will be elligible to apply after 12 th only ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Computer Science And Technologies

Ask Experts