Sir, I secured 374 marks in BITSAT but just 200/360 in advance paper. I did some research on what i cn get with this. Being a girl, branches like civil or chemical are already discarded by everyone. I can opt for aerospace engineering in bombay or kanpur, or engineering in physics, applied physics. Another option is bits pilani cs. I am not exactly crazy for cs or anything. What do you suggest?

Sir, I secured 374 marks in BITSAT but just 200/360 in advance paper. I did some research on what i cn get with this. Being a girl, branches like civil or chemical are already discarded by everyone. I can opt for aerospace engineering in bombay or kanpur, or engineering in physics, applied physics. Another option is bits pilani cs. I am not exactly crazy for cs or anything. What do you suggest? 

Grade:

7 Answers

Arun Kumar IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 256 Points
9 years ago
Hello
See if you join CS in BITs you will have nice placements most probably.
But if you join IIT bombay with aerospace engineering you're gonna learn a lot of stuffs other that just the subject plus the brand name.
I don't think you should leave IIT when you get rank near 2700.
Thanks & Regards
Arun Kumar
Btech, IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
Amy
8 Points
9 years ago
But isnt there limited scope in aerospace engineering? and what abt these other 2 fields i.e. engineering in physics and applied physics?
Deepankar Varshney
8 Points
9 years ago
who has told you that being a girl you can’t opt for chemical engg.? In fact IIT-Bombay has maximum girls in chemical engg. only...........
anil
12 Points
9 years ago
Amy ,I am also seeking some good advise.. My son has scored 197 in Advance.. expecting between 1800 to 2300.. I am also thinking of Aerospace or Mathematics .. Do IITs give B.tech degree in Mathematics & computing ? 
harshil
12 Points
9 years ago
anyth\ing is good if u take iit(old ones)
thats wat my profs suggest me
harshil
12 Points
9 years ago
take iit , the old ones
thats wat my profs suggest me
Vineet Vinayak
22 Points
9 years ago
depends upon your interest in those subjects. have you had a look at the curriculum for each course? many girls like chemistry and physics and do research in those fields like my mother. so they take up engi phy, app phy, or chemical based on their INTEREST! if you aren’t interested please dont walk into those fields as they may be too much to handle. same advice goes to aero. placement wise, pilani cs is good, but look at your interests. civ and chem are usually boring for boys as they end up mugging up a lot. but you may find it interesting. find your interest and then go ahead. dont go for cs in pilani unless you like it. dont go for any course just because of placements or parental pressure. do what you like because you are gonna make that field your career.
all the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free