Sir,I got air 238 rank in jee adv2016.I am interested in physics I confused with branch which actually suits to me.mainly I have interest in mechanics,electrostatic,fluids.so please suggest me which branch is good for my career

Sir,I got air 238 rank in jee adv2016.I am interested in physics I confused with branch which actually suits to me.mainly I have interest in mechanics,electrostatic,fluids.so please suggest me which branch is good for my career

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Riddhish Bhalodia
askIITians Faculty 434 Points
7 years ago
Hi
First of all congratulations!
If you are interested in physics, I would suggest taking up Engineering Physics at any of the good IIT’s (I can tell you that IIT Bombay EP is a really good branch as I am from IITB), I personally know few people whose rank were under 100 and they took EP and are doing extremely well. Also taking up EP will give you flexibility for pursuing other interests and options if at all you find yourself disinterested in physics again I know people from IIT Bombay who have gone to microsoft and oracle even though they were in EP.

All the best
Nicho priyatham
625 Points
7 years ago
Hey, congratulations on your sucess in JEE advanced 2016.
I am 2nd year Engineering Physics  undergraduade student at IIT bombay. Firstly I want to say you that physics what you will study after getting into IIT is different from what you have done earlier. In the entire 4 years curriculum of EP their is only 1 course of  classical mechanics in 2 year first semester, only 1 course of electromagnatic theory in 3rd year 2nd sem and their is no course of fluid mechanics in EP.Engineering physics is a bit biased to electrical engineering . In mechanical engineering you will find some cources related to Fluid mechanics and clasical mechanics but thats not all you still have a lot which is not related to the 3 topics you mentioned. I would advice you to check the curriculum of mechanical engineering  and engineering physics at IIT Bombay compair them and then take a decision.
Please upgrade if useful
In case of further doubts comment it below... 

raj
383 Points
7 years ago
First of all congratulations!If you are interested in physics, I would suggest taking up Engineering Physics at any of the good IIT’s (I can tell you that IIT Bombay EP is a really good branch as I am from IITB), I personally know few people whose rank were under 100 and they took EP and are doing extremely well. Also taking up EP will give you flexibility for pursuing other interests and options if at all you find yourself disinterested in physics again I know people from IIT Bombay who have gone to microsoft and oracle even though they were in EP.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free