Sir I got 9975 in iit, and have filled nearly each and every branch which was offering btech and mtech degrees ... Will I be able to get any seat in iit till the 6th round ?(I belong to the general category

Sir I got 9975 in iit, and have filled nearly each and every branch which was offering btech and mtech degrees ... Will I be able to get any seat in iit till the 6th round ?(I belong to the general category 

Grade:12th pass

6 Answers

Suraj Prasad IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 286 Points
7 years ago
Its quite difficult for you , but as the no. of IIT’s have increased there can be a probability that You may get a seat but not a good branch.
adityaformentalist
10 Points
7 years ago
Thanks for answering sir...Then sir , Will u be able to tell me about my chances of getting a seat in RGIPT( rajeev Gandhi petroleum) , Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.... Again sir thanks !!
Suraj Prasad IIT Patna
7 years ago
In RGIPT, i was just getting through the opening and closing ranks , For general category closing rank upto 10200 goes but again the branch will matter which you won’t get a good one.

If you are a fresher I would recommend you to take a drop and prepare whole 1 yr for IIT-JEE , even I was a dropper and after preparing 1 yr I got Electrical in IIT Patna.
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear friend, let me tell you one thing- the world does not stop working if people do not get their degree from IITs, there are so many other vreputed institutions which are doing a wonderful job in the field of quality educationas well as providing best ever placements to the students. You may visit the official website of these institutions and check the requisite details and then pick any one to get admission, and there is no need to drop a year. These institutions are – J B Institute of Technology, Dehradun,................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,........................BITS, Pilani
adityaformentalist
10 Points
7 years ago
Thanks a lot sir Mr.Suraj pasad and Mr.Aneesh Sehgal , and now I have made my mind and taking a drop
Suraj Prasad IIT Patna
7 years ago
good decision

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free