i have got a rank of 1625 in jee advanced. i prefer iit delhi, should i go in for chemical engineering(delhi)or production and industrial engineering in delhi or mechanical at kharagpur?

i have got a rank of 1625 in jee advanced. i prefer iit delhi, should i go in for chemical engineering(delhi)or production and industrial engineering in delhi or mechanical at kharagpur?

Grade:12th pass

5 Answers

Sunil Kumar
askIITians Faculty 183 Points
8 years ago
Hi
Without any doubt you should go to IIT Kharagpur (Mechanical) , It’s a better option than other two. IIT Kharagpur is a better reputed college and Mechanical is a better branch.
Nitesh Tolani
24 Points
8 years ago
Dude!
I don’t think you should choose your branch in this manner!
Trust me if you do like this, you are gonna regret later!
First decide about the branch in which you are interested (I know you might not be knowing about the various branches, but you should check out the curriculum first and try to google out about the various branches)
Then decide about the college( NOT VICEVERSA)!!

subham
40 Points
8 years ago
Why are you not considering IIT KANPUR.IIIT KANPUR is ranked in many surveys at No.3 after IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi You can go through many opening and closing ranks, you will soon realise the edge of IITK over other IITs. According to your rank, Maths And Computing is a great choice.
subham
40 Points
8 years ago
Watch out CAMPUS VIDEO IIT KANPUR on youtube .You just see our life once :)
Also go through “thatsiitk” on quora.
subham
40 Points
8 years ago
The order at IITs are in general:-
  1. IIT BOMBAY
  2. IIT DELHI
  3. IIT KANPUR
  4. IIT MADRAS
  5. IIT KHARAGPUR
  6. IIT ROORKEE
  7. IIT GUWAHATI