Hi, My brother’s rank in JEE advanced is 638. He is in a dilemma whether to opt for CS in IIT Guwahati or CS in IIT BHU. Please advise soon. Dixit Sharma

Hi,

My brother’s rank in JEE advanced is 638.
He is in a dilemma whether to opt for CS in IIT Guwahati or CS in IIT BHU.
Please advise soon.

Dixit Sharma

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ dixit 
i appreciate his effort to get such a good rank in jee advanced , and 1 more thing i would like to ask – won’t he get cs in iit roorkee ?? if that happens , then go for iit roorkee cs branch . as iit roorkee is far more better than the two mentioned . and 2nd choice u have to keep as iit kharagpur and kanpur , i think he can get it their if the CRL rank is 638 . 
so, better try for roorkee , kharagpur and kanpur . 
and if that not happened then u can choose guwahati , as guwahati is better then iit BHU , 
so, the order of preference should be like below 
IIT KANPUR (CS ) > IIT ROORKEE (CS ) > IIT KHARAGPUR (CS ) > IIT GUWAHATI ( CS ) > IIT BHU (CS ) 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOIUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST , 
TRY YOUR LUCK IN JOSAA COUNCELLING ...
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Dixit, to best of my knowledge none of the two institution is lesser than the other in any respect, still if you are in a fix then I may suggest you to visit the official websites of both the institutions and visit the gallery section to observe the infrastructure and then try ti check the background i.e. when did it come into existence and also what is the rate of placements and finally make a choice accordingly. If ever you have to make a fair choice then consider some other reputed institutions too, like – CMR College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad,....................Alliance Colege of Engineering and Design, Bangalore,....................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free