Hi, I heard there is branch called ‘Mathemetics and Computing’ which is similar to CSE branch in IITs. Can anyone show some light on this and explain is it a good idea to choose Math and Computing branch if we failed to get into CSE branch or better to choose next top branch like Electricals/mechanical/Civil. There is a chance into getting admission in maths and computing as less competetion for that. Please share your openion on this in detail. Thanks in advance

Hi, I heard there is branch called ‘Mathemetics and Computing’ which is similar to CSE branch in IITs. Can anyone show some light on this and explain is it a good idea to choose Math and Computing branch if we failed to get into CSE branch or better to choose next top branch like Electricals/mechanical/Civil. There is a chance into getting admission in maths and computing as less competetion for that. Please share your openion on this in detail. Thanks in advance

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Friend, From the placement perspective, CSE at IITs will surely get you a placement as majority of companies that come to IITs belong to the CS/IT fields. I can't say for sure for Mathematics and computing If however you are looking for a higher education then I'd advise you to choose a branch pertaining to your area of interest, no matter which IIT.Having mentioned all of this, I would like to advise you to do some introspection regarding some points such as how would like to see your self after 5 years, will you be happy pursuing things related to particular fields (either sitting in front of the computer all day or working in the labs having no idea about the weather outside), and so on. Judging by all this make a careful decision. You may pay a visit to the official websites of some chosen esteemed institutions and gather relevant information regarding admission, like – Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat,.................Visvesvarya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur,....................Maulana National Institute of Technology, Bhopal,............Lovely Professional University, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free